Sunday, November 29, 2015

ARE YOU STILL THANKFUL?

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

Thanksgiving, the holiday, is over. My question is: Are you still thankful? There are other questions I can ask as well like: Did you enjoy the day? Was it a blessing or more like a curse for you? Did you gain more weight to add to what you already feel like you need to lose? Did your family love on each other or fight? Do you just go right into Christmas preparation and all of the frustrations that comes with trying to find the right gift? No matter what your answer is to any of these questions. We need to still be thankful not just on a particular day but EVERY DAY!!!!  

I Thessalonians 5: 16 - 18
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in ALL circumstances; 
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

The message at church today was: "Lord, I thank you". As I sat there listening to the message, I got inspired and started to form this poem in my mind. I thought about the things I am still thankful for.

 Lord, I thank You...
By Andrea Monroe

Lord, I thank you for the breath in my body.
Lord, I thank you for keeping me in my right mind.
Lord, I thank you for eyes to see.
Lord,I thank you for ears to hear.
Lord, I thank you for a mouth to speak.

Lord, I thank you for my home you have provided.
Lord, I thank you for the car that I drive.
Lord, I thank you for the job you have provided.
Lord, I thank you for food in the refrigerator.
Lord , I thank you for clothes on my back and shoes on my feet.

Lord, I thank you for my loving and supportive husband who you gave me.
Lord, I thank you for my amazingly dysfunctional family.
Lord, I thank you for my wonderful friends who push and pull me to do my best.
Lord, I thank you for my coworkers who work together as a team.
Lord, I thank you for my enemies who keep me on my toes.

Lord, I thank you for loving me more than I will ever know.
Lord, I thank you for your mercy which are new every day.
Lord, I thank you for your grace which I do not deserve.
Lord, I thank you for your healing touch when I am sick.
Lord, I thank you for forgiveness of my sins and me forgiving others.

Lord, I thank you for saving my lost soul.
Lord, I thank you for cleaning me up from the inside out.
Lord, I thank you for giving me a new song to sing.
Lord, I thank you for giving me a new heart.
Lord, I thank you for loving on others through me.

Lord, I thank you for your Son, Jesus Christ, who saved me.
Lord, I thank you for the Holy Spirit who teaches me.
Lord, I thank you for being my Father who provides, protects, and loves me
Lord, I thank you for never giving up on me.
Lord, I thank you for always being there for me.

We have been given a gift of love from our Father. Will you receive the gift which is being offered this day to you? If you have not accepted HIS FREE GIFT, you can pray today. Lord, I believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead. I speak with my mouth that Jesus is LORD according to Romans 10: 9 -10. If you prayed this simple prayer you NOW have Someone who has come into your heart to show you everything you have to be thankful for. 
*************************
Prayer: Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see the blessings you have given me. Teach me to be thankful for each one of them. Teach me how to speak life and not death in my own life. Show me that YOU REALLY are speaking to me in areas in my life. Give me the boldness to be obedient to act on YOUR directions.



QUESTION:
Are you still thankful?
What are some things you are still thankful for?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately at
womenofvalour15@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment