Wednesday, November 25, 2015

THANKFUL TODAY

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

I am thankful today for Jesus saving, loving, protecting, and caring for me continually. It is almost Thanksgiving  Day according to the time and calendar. But this post can be used throughout the year as a reminder. I say "we" because I need a reminder as well. We can get discouraged and\or hardhearted when we have been fighting a battle for a long time without an end in sight. But I am here to tell you that there is LIGHT IN THE TUNNEL not just at the end. God loves you and is in the midst of the battle with you. Read Psalm 103 (NLT)  it gives us a GREAT picture of God's love for us and reasons why we should be thankful today.

If you can take just a moment of your time and choose to refocus. I KNOW you have a list of things to be thankful for just like me. Here is my list:

1)  Life - The Lord woke me up this morning to see a brand new day. 

2) Husband - God gave me an AMAZING man that loves me and pulls the best out of me.

3) Family - God placed me in a family that showed me how to love, pray, and survive in the world around me. 

4) Friends - God placed friends in my life who support the good things and correct me when I am wrong.

5) Job - God provided my job where I am at peace although I am being stretched right now.

6) Home - God provided a place of sanctuary, peace, and protection from the elements for me.

7) Clothes - God provided  me with clothes on my back and shoes on my feet.

8) Car - God provided the car that I drive each day.

9) Food - God provided the food that I eat at each meal daily.

10) Health - God has kept my body and mind healthy in my body and mind healthy.

NOTE: I was looking for a thankful song to go along with this post. I had not heard this particular Mary Mary song. But I listened to it over and over again. I pray it puts you in a thankful mode as well. Enjoy!!!

Link to Video: https://youtu.be/L7Ocvlnj90U

We have to choose to be thankful for ALL the blessings we have received today and every dayDuring the holidays, I know you may get or become depressed. You may believe your reason is a great one BUT there is another perspective to choose. Choose to look around you at ALL that you have instead of looking and living internal to yourself. 

TESTIMONY: Believe me when I say that Thanksgiving through Christmas were my least favorite times of year. Everybody was soooooo happy. At least that is the way it seemed to me and  I was dying on the inside. There was nobody to listen to me. But then when I get real with myself, I never told anyone how I was feeling or what I was thinking. I put on many masks and kept EVERY painful memory and thought process buried deep inside of me. This was NOT healthy for me and it is NOT healthy for you. 

You might say, this is just a list of the basics. There are sooooo many people without the basics. There are also soooooo many people with the basics and cannot or do not recognize them. But without the basic things on this list I would be homeless, naked, an orphan, lonely, sick, and most importantly dead. I need my LIFE and so do you. There are people around you that need you to be here and present this holiday season and the entire year. You can choose to look for resources to help you through what ever you are going through. If you have a phone with internet you have resources available at your fingertip. GET HELP!!! Don't do it alone because this is where the enemy gets his victory. The Lord gets HIS victory when you expose the lies you have believed to HIS truth and believe what HE is saying about you. 

Prayer: Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see the blessings you have given me in the basics of my life. Teach me to be thankful for each one of them. Teach me how to speak life and not death in my own life. Show me that YOU REALLY are speaking to me in areas in my life. Give me the boldness to be obedient to act on YOUR directions.



QUESTION:
Are you thankful for the basics in your life today?
What are some things you are thankful for today?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately at
womenofvalour15@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment