Thursday, November 19, 2015

WHOSE VOICE ARE YOU LISTENING TO

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

I was sharing with a friend of mine this week about the AMAZING way God has been blessing me this week. In the process of sharing with her I made a statement: "There are 3 voices that talk to me. They are my voice, the voice of God, and the voice of the devil. I have to choose which one I am going to listen to." When I woke up that thought process about voices was my first thought. I had to add another voice which is "the voice of other people". As I thought about this and began to write I needed to be reminded: "Whose voice am I listening to in the areas of my own life?"

In my life journey, I have been more familiar with the voice of the enemy than the voice of God. You may have the same testimony. The Holy Spirit has changed my hearing so I can now recognize the voice of my Father and the voice of the devil. I am not 100% but I can distinguish between the two more now than before. If you are a child of God, then you have an enemy that is trying to take you out.

As I was studying, I came across Jesus temptation with the enemy. It is a perfect picture of God's voice and Devil's voice. In these verses, I see Jesus as an example of us. Read Matthew 4:1 - 11 (NLT) to get full context.

Satan's voice: Speaks lies and twists the truth ALL the time
Example: Matthew 4:3 (NLT)
During that time the devil came and said to Him (Jesus), If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread. 

God's voice: Speaks truth at ALL times.
Example: Matthew 4:4 (NLT)
But Jesus told him (the devil), "No! the Scriptures say, People don't live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."

Our voice: Can speak both truth and lies. It depends on which one of the above two you spend the majority of your time with. Our voices can mimic the voice of God and the voice of the devil. Jesus spoke what HE knew and believed. HIS voice was in agreement with the voice of God. Our voices SHOULD mimic the voice of God as well. I must admit sometimes my voice can mimic the voice of the enemy instead of God.

In the verses, Jesus shows us how to fight the enemy. It is not for us to tell the enemy what we think or how we feel. Jesus understood that the enemy can only be defeated with faith and the Word of God. As women we can be VERY emotional and also VERY analytical in situations we face. I am the same way in both areas. But when we are going through something we have a choice to make. Will you choose to listen to the voice of God through HIS Words? Or will you choose to listen to the voice of the enemy by listening to ourselves, other people, or the enemy?

God had to show me that many times God works through other people to answer questions, concerns or prayers. God had to further reveal to me that my enemy works through people as well. This includes family, friends, children, seniors, etc. It brought me comfort when I read Matthew 16: 21 -23

Other people's voice: Can speak both truth and lies. It depends on which one of the above two they spend the majority of your time with. Their voices can mimic the voice of God and the voice of the devil. You have to be able to tell the difference. Just because it is what you want to hear is not always the right answer.
Example: Matthew 16:22 (NLT)
But Peter took Jesus aside and began to reprimand Him (Jesus) for saying such things. "Heaven forbid, Lord," he (Peter) said. "This will never happen to you!"

You may already understand this concept and that is GREAT!!! But there may be someone who believes the negative voice/thoughts they hear are just theirs. You may not  understand the voices/thoughts you hear may be from another source.  Whichever category you find yourself, it is my prayer that something you have read today blessed you and brings you into a closer fellowship and walk with God.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, open my spiritual ears to hear what You are saying to me. Teach me to distinguish between the voices I hear. Teach me how to speak life and not death in my own life. Show me that YOU REALLY are speaking to me in areas in my life. Give me the boldness to be obedient to act on YOUR directions.


QUESTION:
Whose voice are you listening to and following ?
Does the voice you are listening to 
bring chaos or peace? Why?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately at

No comments:

Post a Comment