Saturday, November 14, 2015

MY SAFETY IS ONLY IN THE LORD

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

Where are you safe? Are you safe at home? Are you safe at the movies? Are you safe on your job? Are you safe at church? Are you safe in your car? Are you safe at a concert? Are you safe at a restaurant? Are you safe at a sports event? If you watch the news, you know and understand that none of these places are SAFE. So, if these places are NOT safe according to our own or someone else's experiences...what do we do? Personally, I run to MY ROCK!!! I am a Child of God and proudly declare this fact. But I am not one who wants to stick my head in the sand and hope the bad things in the world would just go away.

TESTIMONY: As I watched the news last night and this morning it reminded me of 9/11 of the continuous footage being played and replayed over and over again. God reminded me that just as HIS MIGHTY HAND protected me when I was in the Pentagon. HIS MIGHTY HAND and Presence is the ONLY thing that can protect us today. It may seem like the enemy is allowed to run rampart these days BUT GOD is still in CONTROL. I went straight for God's Words and found two weapons that reminded me I do not have to fear.

Psalms 18:2 (NLT)
The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock,
in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.

Proverbs 18:10 (NLT) 
The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
the godly run to HIM and are safe.

I see the military presence has increased in many places. Has there been an increase of prayer warriors on the wall as well? The ONLY safe place is found in the LORD!!! Bad things happen to good people ALL the time. Bad things happen to bad people and good things happen to good people. But at the end of the day. You CANNOT protect "you" no matter how hard you try. The ONLY protection you and I have is found in the LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

It is my prayer that God is using these events to turn the hearts of people to HIM or back to HIM. I used to say and hear all the time "ALL we can do is pray." I saw prayer as a last resort plan maybe you have to. But my husband so eloquently explained to me one day that: "Prayer is EVERYTHING we can do." A prime example of this was played out in the  movie "WAR ROOM." Prayer changes things!!! It always has and always will.

Link to Video:
Prayer: Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see what is really going on spiritually. Teach me how to pray strategically. Show me that YOU REALLY are my protection and I am safe in YOU.


QUESTION:
Do you feel safe where you are?
Where does your belief of safety come from?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately at
womenofvalour15@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment