Wednesday, December 2, 2015

CLEANING UP FROM INSIDE TO OUTSIDE

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1
 
How do you clean your home? One room at a time. Some rooms you spend more time in than others. It depends on how dirty or cluttered it is to you. But when you really clean your home you start in one room or level and then go to another. Jesus does the exact same thing with us. HE cleans us up one area at a time. Although, I know sometimes it may seems like HE is cleaning the entire house at one time.

As children of God, together our bodies are the temple of God and HE comes to live on the inside of us through the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 3:16). HE comes in to do house cleaning. He does not come into chaos for it to remain chaotic. The Holy Spirit comes into our lives replace the chaos with peace and order. So, HE gives us some immediate blessings. We can just think about a prayer and God manifests the answer. We pray and HE answers. God is building a relationship with us so that we can trust HIM to take care of us. The same God who created you and I wants an intimate relationship with each one of us.

I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior many different times in my life. I would walk a couple of steps with HIM and get the instant gratification of blessings. This would put me on cloud nine. Then a problem, trial, or tribulation would happen and I would revert back to my same ways of dealing with or handling problems. I would shut the world out and deal with things internal on my own. Or I would go to my friends to get their take on the situation. Just as I had done before but neither of these produced peace, joy, love, or freedom in my life. I was doing the same things and expecting a different result; which is insanity.

TESTIMONY: When problems would arise that were hard to deal with or conquer I would revert back. My familiar was easier to deal with than dealing with the reality of the situation. I did not go to my pastor or another Christian. Why? Honestly, I really did NOT want to change but I wanted the blessings to continue. I also did not want them to know my business. I did not want them to know just how broken I was inside. I was "blessed and highly favored" to the church folk but I was dying on the inside. It was because I chose to wear a mask. My experience was they would talk about me when I shared. The pastor would preach on what I had shared. So, church was not a true refuge for me.

I have since discovered that all churches are NOT the same. Just like all church folk and people are NOT the same. PLEASE don't write off ALL because of the one or couple of bad experiences you have had. Believe me, I truly understand that the familiar ways to deal with things are easier. People and things around you come against you when you choose to walk the godly path. That is hard because you are used to them being there even if they are not good for you. But God has something better for you. HE truly changes us from the inside out. Our thoughts and heart need to be changed or cleansed to receive ALL that God has for us, one room at a time.

The rooms the Holy Spirit wanted to clean inside of me were bitterness, unforgiveness, self-hatred, feelings of not being loved, procrastination, brokenness, lust, loneliness, negative attitude, etc. These are only a few. HE is still cleaning me up from the inside out. What rooms does God want to clean within your life?  Will you waver by asking others or trust God to get you through the situations and circumstances of your life?

This song blesses me and I pray it does the same for you. This is what God has done for each one of us.


Link to Video: https://youtu.be/V4lL24iLwI4




Prayer: Holy Spirit, clean me up from the inside out. Show me what rooms I need to turn over to you, Lord. Help me to stay and allow You to clean me from the inside out.

QUESTION:
Will you allow God to cleanse you
 from the inside out? 
What rooms do you believe God is trying
to clean in your life?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately at
womenofvalour15@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment