Sunday, November 22, 2015

WHOSE VOICE ARE YOU LISTENING TO (PART 2)

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

We last talked about Jesus temptation in the wilderness Matthew 4: 1 -11. You may feel like you are being tempted or in a wilderness as well. The devil, our enemy, attacks when we are weak. He comes against our belief in God. He comes against who we are as children of God (our identity). Our enemy wants to plant doubt that our God cannot or will not deliver us. He wants us to believe there is no hope. We have to choose to speak life in the midst of the valley experience we are going through, just like Jesus did. He spoke only the Word of God. These verses present us with a play-by-play of how we are to fight. It is VERY easy to speak what we see around us or feel inside of us. But it is a choice to speak life and believe what the Words of God are saying. Especially, when other voices are speaking about our situation.

We are still talking about voices. Remember there are 4 voices:
1) Satan's voice: Speaks lies and twists the truth ALL the time

2) God's voice: Speaks truth at ALL times

3) Our voice: Can speak both truth and lies. It depends on which one of the above two you spend the majority of your time with. 

4) Other people's voice: Can speak both truth and lies. It depends on which one of the above two they spend the majority of their time with. 

God communicates with us individually. He will use people to communicate with us. He manifests Himself to us through the Holy Spirit. The enemy speaks to us individually and through others as well. This is why we must ask for help to distinguish who is speaking. 
  
Everyone seems to be going into something, through something, or out of something. What someone else has experienced does NOT necessarily have to be your experience even if is the exact same thing or similar. Many times your situation is different and no one can seem to give you the right answer. Our Father ALWAYS wants us to come to HIM first for our answers. But HE understands that many times we will try and deal with it on our own or go to another person before coming to HIM. God is usually our last resort when HE should ALWAYS be our first place of help. Whose voice are you listening to? If you have accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, you can ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and HE will.

Let me give a build up for my TESTIMONY. I am NOT an advocate for divorce and neither is God. I truly believe that My Father, God, could have restored my marriage. But I KNEW I was disobedient to HIM so I, Andrea, just wanted out of the BIGGEST mistake I had ever made. I am NOT by any means taking divorce lightly. I am sharing my experience. Your experience may be very different.

TESTIMONY: I am remarried now so this means I have been divorced. I was in a marriage of my choosing not God's. I was dying each and every day and I kept my pain hidden except from God, the devil, and me. All three of us had a voice. It was NEVER God's will for me to get married the first time. During the course of my separation and final divorce decree. I heard MANY, MANY voices speaking to me about how HARD it was going to be, how God does not like divorce, and it is like a ripping in the spirit. This was their experience or someone close to them. BUT it was NOT my experience. The funny part is I kept trying to brace myself for the pain, sadness, or something to hit me and it NEVER did. When we went to court it was like a traffic ticket for me. 

As I was typing that last sentence, the Holy Spirit reminded me of my root canal. I had a root canal about a year ago. My mouth was in some serious pain. I was completely miserable. If you have had one you can relate. When I went to the doctor, I was bracing myself to feel severe pain and the doctor said "you will feel no pain because the root is dead. We just have to remove the dead root and refill it." It was the best dentist experience I ever had past and present. In the context of my marriage, there was much pain during the duration. But the divorce had to be done to relieve the pain. My marriage was dead before I even walked down the aisle and the scary part is; I knew it but walked any way because of the voices of people and the devil.  

What are the dead things in your life that God is speaking to you about? What are the things that you should be taking to HIM about instead of your friends? Who is your counsel coming from? We have to remember that EVERYONE does not have our best interest at heart. Everybody has a voice and they are speaking to us: TV, news, social media, friends, family, God, and the enemy. Whose voice are you going to listen to?  

Prayer: Holy Spirit, open my spiritual ears to hear what You are saying to me. Teach me to distinguish between the voices I hear. Teach me how to speak life and not death in my own life. Show me that YOU REALLY are speaking to me in areas in my life. Give me the boldness to be obedient to act on YOUR directions.


QUESTION:
Are you listening to the small still voice of God or everyone else?
What are the things you need to let go and what are the things you need to hang onto for dear life?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately at
womenofvalour15@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment