Thursday, November 5, 2015

WHO IS YOUR POWER SOURCE (Part 2)

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1


How many times have you tried to use someone else's connection to God? How many times have you just given up because your "battery was too low spiritually"? How many times have you thought God just does NOT care? HE does but sometimes HE wants each one of us to come straight to HIM. Our answers are locked in God and HIS Words. Only HE can unlock them for you. But you have a part to play in getting the answers. You have to seek HIM. (Matthew 6:33) HE has the right answers you seek for the problems and issues you face. 

Let me give you the backdrop of my last post, Who is Your Power Source? I went out of town without the power source for my laptop because I was rushing. I needed to access my laptop but it was dead. I had others trying to come up with a solution. But, what I needed was locked inside of my laptop. It was not in the cloud. I had not emailed myself a copy. It was not on my Google drive. I just could not get access to the information needed. Why? My power source was missing so I could not access the power needed. Are you going to others to find the solution to your power source issue? God has given each of us access to HIMSELF. HE is our Creator and HIS desire is to become our one true Power Source. But it is a choice ONLY you can make. It cannot not be made by your mother, father, sister, brother, pastor, BFF, etc.  

TESTIMONY: You may say, I have prayed and read God's Words and nothing happened. Or you have tried to change but nothing happened. I know what it feels like to speak the words of life but still live like you are defeated, ashamed, depressed, condemned, unforgiven, unloved, etc. I was reading the Bible but it did not speak life to me. It did not speak life because of my hard heart and my messed up belief system. (Read my "Negative Viewpoint of God" post) When I tried to plug into the Power Source it was a chore like washing the car or taking an exercise class that I absolutely dreaded. I kept trying to change the behavior instead of allowing God's Words to transform my thinking and belief system about God, me, and the world around me. I chose to take one step at a time and one verse at a time. The Holy Spirit took 100 steps, I believe. HE showed me who I am in Christ not just a mirror reflection. I chose to start believing and day by day my thoughts started to change. (Read my "Positive View Point of God" post) 

Our minds have been programmed by our 5 senses, especially, what we see, hear, and feel which are processed by our minds. We grow up and we believe one way even if it is a lie. As we learn more and more about ourselves and the world around us our belief systems may change or become even more ingrained with us. When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we start to read God's Words and promises to us. At this point, some beliefs may need to be changed while others become more ingrained.  

This is how the Holy Spirit explained it to me. My programming needed to changed. The lies/code we have believed have to be rewritten to believe the truth. This is where we have to apply Romans 12:2 like a medicine, allowing God's Word to change the way we think. If the way you are thinking and believing is working for you then please continue. BUT if it not working out for you, please do something different to get different results. Many times we do not even question our thoughts or feelings. It is just the way things are but start today to question the negative thoughts you have about yourself. Also question, where they came from? I was told to believe the truth but not to combat the lies I had already believed. In this battle, YOU have to fight for YOU along with the Holy Spirit. Jesus has already won the war!!!

Please bookmark the website below and study often with your actual Bible or mobile device. Here's some truth from God's Words about you:

Prayer: Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see my true power source and know and UNDERSTAND that God and HIS Words to me are real. Help me to experience Romans 12:1 - 2 in my own life.

QUESTION:
Do you have your own personal connection  
to the right power source?
Does your power source lead to freedom or prison? 

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately at

No comments:

Post a Comment