Sunday, December 20, 2015

GOD IS THE ARTIST: YOU ARE NOT A MISTAKE



Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1
 

You are ACCEPTED! You are LOVED! You are SIGNIFICANT! At church today our Youth Pastor, Alex, preached about our lives being a blank canvas. He said, "Creativity is a divine gift from God." The Holy Spirit is still driving this point home for me. I came home and began to write about the blank canvas. As I wrote, The Holy Spirit began to show me God as the CREATOR of all. I know this as far as the words are concerned. I love nature and watching all that God does in and through nature. But the words became real to me in brand new ways. Scripture verses began to come more alive to me. We are going to look at them and what they mean to each one of us. I understand even more now than before that I am NOT a mistake. I am forgiven, accepted, loved, and significant to My Creator, God.

The first scripture I went to was Genesis 1:1: "In the beginning God CREATED the heavens and the earth."
  • I am recognizing the blank sheet of paper as my canvas for God to fill with words. The Bible was a blank canvas. Creation was a blank canvas. My life is a blank canvas. I can fill it with negatives or positives. I choose positives. Even more so I want God to fill it each day. When I see these words they have new meaning. God, You are the originator of creation and creativity. God planned for us to be here by creating the Earth, other planets, and the solar system. Therefore, we are  accepted, significant, and loved. YOU are NOT a mistake.
  • What is your blank canvas? What is your creative gift from God? If you do not know ask HIM to show you.
Then I went to Genesis 1:26 – 27: Then God said, Let US make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign (rule) over the fish in the sea, and the birds in the air, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.” So God created human beings (You and I ) in His own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female HE created them. (emphasis added) 
  • You and I were a thought process in the mind of God and a discussion with a purpose in verse 26. Then in verse 27, God created you and I to fulfill the purpose. God completed HIS thought process by actually creating us as actual human beings. Therefore, we are loved, accepted, and significant. YOU are NOT a mistake.

  • Do you believe God created you for and with a purpose? If not, ask HIM to show you.
This brought me to Psalm 139:13 - 15: You made ALL the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous-how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
  • When God created you in your mother's womb you were not a mistake then. You are not a mistake today or right now. You may believe you are based upon your start in life or words spoken to you. But your belief and the words are lies. Your Mom and Dad were just an avenue that God chose to bring you into this world. He needed them to get you to earth during this specific timeframe. But You are not a mistake. Therefore, you are loved, accepted, and significant. 
  • Do you believe you are a mistake? If so, ask God to show you how HE created you special and precious. 
Then I thought about provision and went to Genesis 2:15 - 16 : The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the Lord God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you may not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."  Genesis 3:6: The woman was convince. She saw that the tree was beautifl  and it s fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too.
  • God has NOT changed! HE knew Adam and Eve would mess up in the garden. He knows that you and I will mess in our lives. God's plan did not change when they messed up; it does not change when we mess up. God has already incorporated the mess up in HIS plan. You are still loved, accepted, and significant  even when you mess up. You are NOT a mistake! Ask for forgiveness and keep it moving!!!
I then had to look at The Plan located in Genesis 3:15: "And I will put hostility between you and the woman, and between your offspring (satan) and her offspring (Christ). He (Christ) will strike your head and you (satan) will strike his heel. John 3:16: For God loved the world (me) so much that HE gave His one and only Son so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through HIM.
  • The Son of God, Jesus the Christ, is the one and only plan to show us that we are loved, accepted, significant and forgiven. God the Father was speaking in the Book of Genesis and in the Book of John, Jesus is speaking about HIS Father's plan for Him to love on each one of us. This means: You are loved, accepted, and significant! You are NOT a mistake!
Then Jeremiah 29:11 came alive in a different way. "I KNOW the thoughts and plans I have for you thoughts of good and not of evil to give you an expected end."
  • The Creator and Creator of creativity put it inside of you to write, paint, design, to be good with numbers, speaking, kids, sick people, senior citizens, etc. It was and is HIS creativity that is working through You and me. It is HIS plans at work. Ask HIM to show you how HE is working in and through your life today.
New mercies are blank canvas every day. We get to create something new each day. We can also choose to continue the same old mess we are in or create something new. Start believing and speaking the truth about yourself and God. HE LOVES YOU and YOU ARE NOT A MISTAKE! I pray you look at, read, and receive the words of this video and song.

 *******************
Prayer: Holy Spirit, I thank you opening my eyes to see that I am NOT a mistake. I am loved, accepted, significant, and forgiven by my Father, God today. I am choosing to believe that HE has a wonderful plan for my life and HE hears me when I pray. Thank you in advance for showing me the special and creative way you have created me.

QUESTIONS:
Have you believed the lie that you are a mistake
What truths in God's Words can you use
to battle the lies you have believed?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately at

No comments:

Post a Comment