Wednesday, December 16, 2015

SIGNIFICANT OR INSIGNIFICANT

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1
 
You are significant!!! God brought my attention to the small instruments during worship at church. Then again during a symphony I attended on Sunday. They were not the focus instruments but they added impact to the songs. I began to watch the persons playing these small instruments and heard the way they changed or impacted the song. Even though they were small they were not insignificant. It is the same with us. We can believe that we are insignificant in our family, among friends, coworkers, church, and even with God. We can believe we have just a small part or no part to play at all. This can make us feel insignificant. This is a lie. The truth is you and I are significant to God. Our Creator did not create us to be insignificant. HE has a plan for our lives and HE listens to us but we have to seek HIM for the plan. (Jeremiah 29 :11 - 13)
 


Many thoughts crowded my mind as I watched and listened to those instruments.
  • They can be counted as small but never worthless.
  • They may be small but not insignificant to the song.
  • They may be small but they were needed for that specific song for effect and impact.
Each of us have a part to play in this life. We are needed for this timeframe and place.
  • We may be counted as small in our eyes but we are NOT worthless.
  • We may be small in our eyes but we are NOT insignificant to God or this life.
  • We may be small in our thought processes and mindsets but we are needed impact others now.
According to dictionary.com, Significant means: "The quality of being worthy of attention; importance." I now know and understand that the smallest instruments are not insignificant. They have a purpose and so do you. The smallest instruments were a birdcall whistle, two pieces of wood, a triangle, and two maracas. These instruments were not played in every song but when they were needed; they added effect and impact to the songs. God wants to use your life to add effect and impact to your own life and others around you. If you believe the lie that you are insignificant. Then you are also missing out on experiencing being loved and accepted by God.

Just as the instruments were played by a person. The writer of the music had a vision, thoughts, ears, and eyes for what instruments would be needed to make the musical piece come to life. As I thought about this point, the writer and orchestrator of our lives is God. HE has the vision, thoughts, ears, and eyes for our lives to come together. Remember: Jeremiah 29:11 above: God has a plan; no matter how hard you have tried or is still trying to mess it up. You have not and cannot mess this plan up. If I believe this is truth, then how can I also believe that I am insignificant. I actually know the answer to this question? I used to speak the words all the time but I did not believe them in my heart. Do you know that you can speak words but not really believe what you are saying? Even though the words sound good and are the truth they are not truth to you.

TESTIMONY: I was messed up for a LONG, LONG, LONG time in my thought processes and mindset. I would speak the truth and sing songs about the love, peace, joy, etc. of the Lord and living as far away from these as you can possibly get. My coming and going to the church buildings were not enough. I had to allow Christ to become a part of me and me part of HIM. Jesus REALLY given HIS life for mine but that is where my actual belief stopped. I said words but they were not freeing because I did not really believe. I knew John 3:16: For this is how God loved the world (Andrea): HE gave HIS one and only Son (JESUS), so that everyone who believes in HIM will not perish but have eternal life. My problem was I heard this preached and it was truth. But there was more to the story which set me free. John 3:17 -18  God sent HIS Son (JESUS) into the world not to judge the world (Andrea), but to save the world (Andrea) through HIM (JESUS). There is no judgment against anyone who believes in HIM (JESUS). But anyone who does not believe in HIM has already been judged for not believing in God's one and only Son.

I was judging myself all the time for doing the wrong things and going the wrong places. I believed Jesus was judging and condemning me also. So instead of walking in freedom I was living in my pitifully decorated prison cell of doubt, unbelief, confusion, chaos, etc. When all I had to do was believe the truth and the TRUTH who is JESUS would set me free in my mindset and thought processes. I began to think about all the things God had given me. God changed my thought process to see HIM as a Giver instead of a Taker. He want to do the same for you. But as always you have to choose to let HIM do it and believe.
  1. YOU ARE FORGIVEN TODAY!!! (I John 1: 11 -12)
  2. YOU ARE LOVED TODAY!!! (Jeremiah 31:3)
  3. YOU ARE ACCEPTED TODAY!!! (Ephesians 1: 5 - 6)
  4. YOU ARE SIGNIFICANT TODAY!!! (Genesis 1:26, Jeremiah 29:11)
I am praying for you that you stop believing the lies of the enemy and start believing the truth of who God  has created you to be. You are significant just because You Father God created you with a plan in mind. You are SIGNIFICANT! GOD HAS AND IS THINKING ABOUT YOU TODAY!!! Please BELIEVE HIM!!! It is my prayer that something you read has and will touch your heart to accept Jesus Christ today, if you have not already, as Your  Personal Lord and Savior. Romans 10: 9 - 10 
*************************
 
Prayer: Holy Spirit, I thank you for showing me that I am significant, worthy, and important to my Father, God today. I am choosing to believe that HE has a wonderful plan for my life and HE hears me when I pray. Thank you in advance for changing my thought processes about me and You.

QUESTIONS:
Have you believed the lie that you are insignificant to God and others around you
What truths in God's Words can you use
to battle the lies you have believed?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately at
womenofvalour15@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment