Monday, September 28, 2015

NEW CREATION

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

God's Word says, "God chose things the world considers foolish to shame the wise..."(I Corinthians 1:27). God used the cartoon Cinderella to explain the new creation. As, I taught my class about fairy tales and how they are not real. I read to them an abbreviated version of Cinderella. The story I read to them did not have any pictures. So, I explained to them they had to use their imagination. I explained, the imagination is creating pictures in our minds with the words they would hear in the story. I had cutouts of Cinderella dressed as a maid, two stepsisters, a fairy godmother, and of course, the prince. I placed the cutout of maid Cinderella and the cutout of Princess Cinderella back to back. So, when I talked about her before the ball, during the ball, and after the ball I just had to turn my hand to show her at each stage. You may be saying, “Are you seriously talking about a fairy tale? Yes, I am.” Please keep reading.

God revealed to me that Cinderella is just like each one of us before we accepted the free gift of salvation (Romans 10:9) We were the maid for satan’s kingdom and dressed in rags doing the dirty work which was sinning with or without condemnation. In the story, Cinderella was transformed on the outside. We as Christians have been transformed from the inside out. Whether we believe it or not, we are a new person in Christ (II Corinthians 5:17). Our old life is gone and a new life has started. God wanted to show us that there is a better way and life. This is what Cinderella is shown by her fairy godmother.  

We have been transformed just as Cinderella was transformed from the maid into a princess for the evening. But that is where the example ends because we as children of God have been changed for an eternity. Sometimes it may seem like we flip back and forth like I was turning the cutouts of Cinderella. But in reality, when you and I accept the free gift of salvation we are changed in that moment. We are washed whiter than snow. We are given love, peace, joy, and forgiveness. They are available to us if we will only accept them. These come with salvation. They are not something any of us have to work for, they are freely given to us as well. We just have to choose to believe it is true.

TESTIMONY: When I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart I was happy and telling everyone. But then the feelings fizzled out. I was left with the same old Andrea. This time something had changed. I had a taste of something being different. This time when I did my dirt I felt bad about it. This is called conviction. It was like the angel was on one shoulder and the demon on the other. I usually listened to the demon instead of the angel. Until God showed me John 3:16: For God (My Father) loved the world (me)...  
                 
As I read, I was stopped at "God loved me". God revealed to my that HE is My Father, My God, and HE loves me from the crown of my head to the bottom of my feet. It is not a regular type of love from a person because our love is “on” one minute and “off” the next. But the LOVE OF GOD is endless. We cannot use it all up no matter what we do or how hard we try. It NEVER fails!!! (I Corinthians 13:8 NKJV) I was like Cinderella bubbling up on the inside because I chose to believe what HIS Word said about me. The difference was mine was not going to change back at midnight.

So, today if you are feeling a little down and out like things are not going quite the way you desire. Or, you are just not where you would desire to be. Remember God loves you!!! If you are on top of the mountain I am praising God with you. In this walk with Christ, there are mountaintop experiences and valley experiences. We have to remind ourselves that no matter what God loves each one of us the same on the mountaintop, valley, or in between.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, thank you for the reminder today that GOD LOVES ME!!! Help me to continuously and consistently believe it.

QUESTION:
Has God made you into HIS new Creation?
Are you believing HIM or your reflection?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately
Womenofvalour15@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment