Sunday, September 20, 2015

GIVER OR TAKER (Part 2)

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

The fun I thought I was having does not compare to what I have found in my personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ and God. Through the process, I found out that God and Jesus are BOTH Giver and Taker. These are some things we have been given by God through HIS Son Jesus Christ: freedom, peace, love, joy, forgiveness, and acceptance, etc. I needed each one of these desperately in my life. These are some things that have been taken: pain, guilt, shame, condemnation, self-hatred, unforgiveness, rejection, etc. I needed each of these taken from me desperately. You may be desperate as well. Please keep reading.

 There was a book that began to shine some light on just how destructive my life was. It was called the “Bondage Breaker” by Neil Anderson. This book is packed full of God’s Word and truth about who we are in Christ. You may be desperate as well. God used it to show me how HE saw me. He also used it to start putting holes in the walls I had built up around myself for protection against HIM and other people. The funny or sad part depending on your perspective was the enemy (devil) and I would try and refill the hole with a lie instead of me trying to believe the truth. I knew the Scripture that said, “the enemy was a liar and the Father of lies. (John 8:44)  But the lies I believed were truth to me. It is really sad to me now to KNOW and understand that my previous belief system was based upon lies and not the truth.

I have met many people who have previously and are currently experiencing the SAME LIES in their lives. The lies are the same but they are played out differently in their lives. The enemy has strategies to take us off course using lies. God has HIS plan to bring us back to the right path. God acts like the GPS to reroute us when we miss the correct turn to lead us to HIM and truth.  

God’s Word started to penetrate because I could not just cover up the truth any more. God would speak to me through dreams, visions, music, movies, cartoons, etc. My mind would recall the Word of God. The Bondage Breaker was God’s way into my warped mind. I started to see glimpses of God as Love instead of the disciplinarian and judge. I started to see Him as the Forgiver of ALL of my sins: BIG and little ones. This was stretching the truth which was a lie as well. There are no BIG and little sins. God only sees sin which has been taken care of on the cross of Jesus Christ. What is God trying to use in your life to help you see HIS Truth?

TESTIMONY: My truth were lies. First, my truth was I was unlovable. God showed me in many ways that HE loved me through HIS SON Jesus Christ. Second, my truth was I could never be forgiven for the sins I committed knowingly and willingly against God. He showed me that He had already forgiven each and every sin. Third, my truth was I was unacceptable and rejected by God. I did not belong or fit anywhere or with anybody. God showed me that I am accepted by Him and belong to Him as HIS child.  Here are some actual truths:
v  I am loved by God (Jeremiah 31:3, John 3:16)
v  I am forgiven by God (Ephesians 1:7, I John 1:9)
v  I am accepted by God (Ephesians 1:6, Romans 15:7)
v  I am a child of God (Galatians 3:26,I John 5:1)




Due to my belief system of lies, it took a long time for the foundation of my belief system to be rebuilt. It took work on my part to believe and accept the truth. But, just as a man woos a woman he is interested in God is wooing each one of us. The time frame can be long or short it depends on you. God loves you now today. God has already forgiven you for every sin you have committed, are committing, or will ever commit. God has accepted you for who you are right now. He is trying to show us who HE really is not the lies we have believed about HIM. Just because it took me a while does not mean it has to take you that long. You can trust, believe, and accept the truth today. 

Prayer: Holy Spirit, help me accept the truth that I am loved, forgiven, accepted, and a child of God. Show me the lies I am believing instead of the truth.

QUESTION:
What is God trying to use in your life
to help you see HIS Truth?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately
Womenofvalour15@gmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. Over the years, God has used many books, people, movies, and songs to speak to my heart. One song is: Born For This by BeBe Winans. When I look back over some of down times that only God could have delivered me out of. I am reminded that I was Born for this. When good times seem to look good. I am reminded that I was Born for this. God Bless.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete