Saturday, September 5, 2015

POSITIVE VIEWPOINT OF GOD

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

I was having a conversation with a dear sister in Christ and this thought process came up: What is my viewpoint now of God? I gave her my answers like God is love and peace. These are words that come to the mind very quickly but I thought about it more in depth. I thought about the "how" I can believe what I believe? Also, where and how my viewpoint has and was developed.  You may be able to identify with some, all, or none. But trust me God, Our Father, wants to reveal HIMSELF to each of us in these ways and more. 

God is Love to me because I know beyond a shadow of doubt that HE loves me. How do I know this? When I was at my lowest points God, My Father would give me HIS Word or send someone across my path to speak life to me. When I thought I was unlovable HE loved me anyway. HIS love was and is unconditional.

God is My Forgiver because HE has forgiven ALL of my past sins. How do I know this? When I was burdened down with sin and had no one to turn to HE took my load and lifted me up. He showed me what it was like to walk without ALL of my baggage. He showed me that I could actually walk with HIM and enjoy being a Christian.

God is My Deliverer because He set me free. How do I know this? When I was sitting in my many prison cells within my own mind. He showed me that the HIS Son, Jesus Christ had already opened any and every prison cell I could possibly think and speak my way into. He opened my prison cell and walked me out of the prison into HIS FREEDOM.

God is My Peace because HE gave me HIS peace. How do I know this? When I was hearing many voices in my mind. He gave me peace of mind. He turned ALL the voices off so that I could hear HIS voice and mine. He has and is training me to distinguish between HIS voice and the enemy. HE gave me peace to replace the chaos.

God is My Father because HE provided for me. How do I know this? When I had more bills than money. He helped my cars last longer than they should have. He kept a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and shoes on my feet. My Father ALWAYS provided EVERYTHING I needed. 

God is My Protector because HE protected me. How do I know this? When I was having sex outside of marriage, He kept me from having a child without being married first. HE kept me from getting a disease while I was out doing my dirt.

God is My Healer because He has healed my body. How do I know this? When I had surgery twice in my life HE brought healing to my body. When I was in car accidents he healed the aches and pains I experienced. He has healed my body more times than I can count in major and minor ways. HE is healing my Mother from her surgery in major ways. 

Prayer: Holy Spirit, show me my viewpoint of God as my Father!!!

Question:
What is your viewpoint of God?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately at
www.womenofvalour15.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. This is another good one. The Lord is my EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,

    Yes, I can agree with you HE IS...!!! But in some areas HE is still becoming my EVERYTHING!!! Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete