Friday, January 1, 2016

FORGIVE GOD

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1
 
HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EACH OF YOU!!! I am soooooo blessed that God has allowed you to visit this blog. In December, we talked about being loved, accepted, and significant. We also talked about forgiving ourselves and others. God brought back to my remembrance how I had to forgive HIM. So this post is about letting go of the mistake or offense you believe God has committed against you. Don't act like I am the only one who has ever held a grudge against My Creator. Be honest with yourself because HE ALREADY KNOWS! LET IT GO! HE LOVES YOU!!! It is now the start of a brand new year. What will you choose to do with it? What will you choose to change moving forward?
 
TESTIMONY: On Thanksgiving 2011, I had a knock down drag out argument with God, My Father. I was going through a separation in preparation for divorce. I told God it was HIS fault that HE placed me in a family that did not love me. This is the way that I felt and what I believed with my whole heart. God is soooooo My Father because HE let me rant, rave, and cry until I got tired. Then HE told me that HE had put me in the family because HE was going to use me to minister to other women who felt like they were not loved by their families. Who felt like their mothers did not care. I was humbled to say the least and saw that God REALLY did have a plan for my life. I saw GOD as GOD and had to repent and ask for forgiveness. I was also smiling because HE brought back to my remembrance how HE had already been allowing me to speak to other women. Also, men for that matter who had little to no real relationships with their families.
 
I believed for a long, long time that God had made a HUGE mistake by placing me in my family. I was basing this belief on the other families that I saw around me. Have you ever based your beliefs on people or things you saw around you. I kept focusing on the things that I did not have instead of ALL that I did have. I grew up with a mother and father in the same household. I grew up in church. I grew up with three amazing overprotective brothers. I grew up with a stepfather that adored me. I grew up to walk in the destiny that God had always planned for me. Out of my dysfunctional family came functional me with a purpose. It is to walk in freedom from my past and help others walk in their freedom as well.

I had to learn that ALL families have some dysfunctional in them; some more than others. God had to show me in HIS Word that the families were dysfunctional as well. These examples are found the first Book of the Bible.
This actually brought me comfort to know that families are filled with broken people and mine is no exception. Neither is yours. When God showed me this I had to really let HIM off the hook. It is the good, bad, and the sometimes ugly things in our lives that God will use to bring us to HIMSELF. He has and is using them to bring us to the places we are supposed to be. All of these people had reasons to hold a grudge. Some family members took matters into their own hands but they ultimately walked in their purposes.

There is usually a part we play in these things. For me, I had cut my family off because I was miserable in my own right. I lived in seclusion and separation from them because I believed they did not love me. It was a lie. It took my separation for me to reconnect with my brothers and let them back into my life. I unpacked and released a whole lot of hurt, pain, and lies going through my year separation and divorce. God healed the wounds and I emerged a new person literally. I was no longer the hurt and scared little girl. A woman now stood in the same place.
 
Over the years,  I have talked to people who are mad at God because a spouse, parent, sibling, or child has died. It may have been unexpected or it may have been a long drawn out process due to a disease. It may be a job loss your fault or the company's. It may be a job that you believed you were supposed to get but did not. It can be the loss of a marriage whether your fault or someone else. It may a sickness in your body right now and you are mad. ALL of these can produce grief and unforgiveness. I know now that grief and unforgiving are two different things:
 
Grief:
  1. Keen mental suffering or distress over affliction or loss;  sharp sorrow; painful regret
  2. a cause or occasion of keen distress or sorrow
Unforgiving:
  • not disposed to forgive or show mercy; unrelenting

Forgive:
  1. To stop feeling anger toward; To stop blaming
  2. To stop feeling anger about; To forgive someone for
  3. To stop requiring payment of
As I was looking up this word forgive it is a verb. This means it is something that requires action on our part. It requires action to forgive yourself, others, and God. It will not and cannot happen on it's own. There is a part for each of us to play. I was mad at God because I actually believed HE had made a mistake in reference to me. (Read my "Lies I believed about God" post.) I blamed HIM for my family which contributed to a lot of the pain, hurt, confusion, misconceptions, etc. about who HE was to me and who I was as a person. You may be dealing with some or the exact same things. I challenge you to ask God this year to reveal to you any areas you are walking in unforgiveness against HIM. If you ask HE will show you and then the action on your part begins.

Today, I can truly say I am thankful for my family. Every trial and triumph has led me to this point in my life. I am VERY thankful and grateful for the path because I KNOW that God has and will continue to lead and guide me the rest of the way. There are scars but no pain associated with them anymore. THANK YOU, JESUS FOR LOVING ME!!! HE can and wants to do the same for you!!! BUT you have to choose to let HIM!!!

Prayer: In the (Insert person's name) put God or YOU.
 
 
 QUESTIONS:
Are you going to choose to forgive God
as you walk though this new year? 
Are you going to allow God to change you as you walk through this new year?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment