Sunday, January 24, 2016

WORDS: LIFE OR DEATH

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

As you walk through moments, days, weeks, months, and years of your life? Are your words bringing life or death to you? Do you know you have a choice on which one you are doing? Life/living requires you to be an active participant; you are proactive. But death/existing means you are just waiting for things, situations, and circumstances to happen to you; you are reactive. I must admit I have spent the better part of my life just  speaking death or existing. It is AMAZING to me that now I can see. It is past time to speak life and start living!!! Make a choice today.

I found this quote and it sums it up:
 I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life
Maya Angelou

Her words really blessed me because in my past I was just making a living but I was not making a life. Going through the motions of life is not "making a life". When there is insecurity and inadequacy in our lives in any area we are merely existing. I was existing in the military, I was existing in my first marriage. I was going through the motions. The only way I can truly describe it is: I was sleepwalking through my life with my eyes open. But, I was not really awake. It is past time to wake up, Women of Valour!!!

Two Scriptures, I am becoming familiar with again are:

Words and thoughts are BIG for each one of us. I remember I would sit alone and just rehearse words or my negative thoughts. Have  you ever had a conversation with someone and something they said or even you said during the conversation made you think. For even hours or days afterward that thought or words would not let go. Positive and negatives thoughts/words work the same way. They are planted in our minds by what we hear or see or speak. We have a choice to make. We can choose to believe the words or not believe the words.  

Life/Positive Words like: I am a child of God. I am loved. I am needed. I am wanted. I am beautiful. I am wonderful. I am amazing.  I am worth everything that Jesus sacrificed for me.

Death/Negative Words like: No one will ever love me. No one wants me here. No one will ever want me. I am ugly. I will never amount to anything. I will end up just like my mother. 

REMEMBER: Some words bring life. Some words kill. These are both sets of words. One set of words can bring a smile to our faces. While the other set of words can bring tears to our eyes. Both sets of words can cause us to act and react in certain ways. The question is which set of words will we choose to believe? If you believe any negative set of words you have to replace them with God's Words about You.

There are words that are triggers for us to smile or feel bad about ourselves. The trigger for me is that I am not living up to my potential. This can be said in many different ways but the way I process it is: "I am NOT good enough." What are your trigger words? You are _________. How do you process the words that are spoken to you? Are they coming from God, the devil, you, or others?

For the longest time, I did not understand that many of the negative thoughts I was having as a child of God was the devil reminding me of negative thoughts and feelings. The same thought and feelings that God wanted to heal and set me free from. You may be experiencing the same thing. Negative thoughts just seem to crowd your mind and you are like where did that come from. Especially if it seems to come out of no where. 

TESTIMONY: So in me dealing with my issue of feeling inadequate. Some days, I am sitting in My Daddy God's lap telling HIM about it. Some days, I have been trying to handle it on my own. So I will try and focus on something else like TV, Facebook, etc. I would be watching a comedy and laughing and all of a sudden the thought would hit me "You are not good enough." What? and I would hear it again and I would rehearse it for a little while. Then when I come back to myself I would say: "Lord, I take that thought captive to the obedience of Christ."  If I continue to rehearse the words, I will continue to feel down and out and mad at myself and those around me. Why? Because I am dealing with something internal to me and lashing out at others. But when I attack the thought using God's Words then I am much better and can go on with my day. Some days I have to keep saying that it over and over for my mind to catch up with my new thought. Then I will feel better and can enjoy the day.

As I stated, we are going to walk through this valley together to the mountaintop. So, today turned out to be a good day for me. It is my continued prayer that Our Father will use something you have read to walk closer to and with HIM today. As you see, hear, and speak God's Words over your life that HE will change your thoughts and speech about you. 

Prayer: Holy Spirit, change my words to reflect who I really am in Christ. I choose to take the negative thoughts that others have spoken over me and I have spoken over myself captive to the obedience of Christ. I praise You in advance for showing me to me from YOUR perspective.



 QUESTIONS:
How will you use God's words 
to allow HIM to change you
Are you ready for the changes HE will make in you?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

4 comments:

  1. POWERFUL! Keep allowing the Lord to use you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you VERY much, Sis! It is definitely the goal to allow God to use me in and through the process.

      Delete
  2. I love this, I am allowing God to use me with your writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you VERY much Mom for the comment! Glad you are being blessed by the words.

      Delete