Friday, January 15, 2016

LIE: FEELINGS OF INADEQUACY



Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

Believing a lie as the truth. This is what I have been dealing with lately. There have been thoughts and feelings of inadequacy hitting me more frequently. I am speaking the truth of God's Words but I guess I am not fully believing the words that are coming out of my own mouth. It feels like I am fighting an uphill battle but gaining very little traction. You may be able to identify with these feelings. But let me tell you THE TRUTH as I am in the trenches. They are lies from the pit of hell. As I dig myself out of this pit, I am taking you all along with me Women of Valour.

TESTIMONY: During my morning Bible Study this week, I was hit with a question: What is the difference between inadequacy and insecurity? It seemed to come out of no where. It was further explored at Wednesday Night Bible study. I know I am not insecure but I do feel like I am not good enough sometimes which is inadequacy. I am not living up to my "full" potential. I am walking in freedom in a lot of areas in my life. I can only say THANK YOU JESUS!!! But in some areas I am still sitting in a well decorated prison cell called inadequacy. I know that God wants me to walk in my freedom in Christ in this area as well. Therefore, as I take this journey I will be taking you along with me. This means through my triumphs and tests. 

As I was trying to have my pity party. God directed me to read my own posts: "Seeds: Positive or Negative and Whose Voice are You Listening To Part 1 and 2." I have found that writing is therapeutic for me. God will answer me in the midst of my writing or I will reread something that I have previously written. Then, God will use it to minster to me in a brand new way.

From my "Seeds: Positive or Negative" post:
TESTIMONY: I am still dealing with inadequacy and procrastination because I have not watched over the seeds that God’s Words has said to me in these areas. I have in other areas but not in these. So I am still letting the negative seeds/thoughts and feeling hinder what God has for me. It is up to me to plant and water but my God will truly make it grow. (I Corinthians 3:7) When I start planting and watering the seeds, it is a picture of me coming closer to God who promised HE will come closer to me. (James 4:8a) In researching, I found out that inadequacy is rooted in fear. So I have to water the seeds of faith instead of fear.

God was showing me that HE had already given me the answer/key to this problem. I have to study God's Words on faith to walk out of the fearful state of inadequacy. I also have to listen and obey HIS voice because mine can and will lie to me. Satan's voice will and does lie to me. Other people's voices can and will lie to me. God is the ONLY one that tells me the truth and nothing but the truth. HE will and wants to do this for each one of us. We have to choose to believe the truth. Just like we are choosing to believe the lies as the truth.

As I was looking up the word inadequate these are the words that I saw staring back at me.
Other names for inadequate are: insufficient, deficient, poor, scarce, limited, incompetent, incapable, unsatisfactory, unfit, unacceptable, ineffective, unskillful, unsuitable. The more I saw these words the worse off I felt. Talk about digging a pit; I started to set up camped and stay awhile.

You may be feeling inadequate or insecure about an issue, situation, or thought process in your life. You may be dealing with one, some, or all of the above names. These names are lies about you if you are a child of God. They are blatant and outright lies. The ONLY way to combat them is with the truth of God's Words. This is where my post: "Whose Voice are You Listening to" blessed my socks off. Like Jesus, I have to fight with the only weapon I have HIS Words coming from my heart and mouth. It is not enough just to say God's Words. We must begin to believe what HE says about each one of us. It is easier it seems to NOT fight back and just go along with the status quo of that area of defeat in your life. BUT YOUR FATHER, GOD wants more than that for each one of us.

Women of Valour, it is time (actually past time) to fight back and get out of the pit of insecurity and inadequacy. I started to remember the basics:
  • God has NOT given me the spirit of fear: but of power, love and a sound mind.  (2 Timothy 1:7)
  • For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds. (2 Corinthians 10:4)
  • Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rules of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:11 - 12 )
We will continue this discussion in the coming weeks as God walks us through this process into complete freedom. I will share with you and prayerfully you will share your struggles and triumphs. It does not matter where you are: overcomer, in the trenches, or sitting on the sidelines. We can ALL benefit and encourage each other through the process. This is just the beginning. Stay tuned there is more to come.

GOD has done the work on the Cross through HIS Son, Jesus Christ. Our Father thought we were WORTH it. Now HE wants each of us to choose to BELIEVE that we are worth  it. Let the words of the song wash over and through you.


Prayer: Holy Spirit, thank You for using the words of this blog and ministry to encourage me and other Women of Valour to fight. Help me to speak and believe God's Words to and about me. Use the words that I speak and believe to set this captive free in the areas of my life.

 QUESTIONS:
Have y0u chosen to listen, speak, and believe what God says about you in this new year? 
Why or why not?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yes! This is great and thank you so much for your honesty and encouragement in the midst of your own fight for freedom. I love it! The reminders are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we share our testimonies with each other we are able to help one another. My freedom helps encourage others at least this is my prayer. Thank you for sharing!!!

      Delete