Monday, October 19, 2015

YOU ARE NOT AN ISLAND

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

Today I am reminded that I am NOT an island. Each one of us need other people in our lives to help us walk though this journey called LIFE. We cannot do it alone no matter how hard we try.  We need others in our lives to speak life over us. We need to be the "life giver" to others as well. 

It is my prayer that something you read or hear will encourage you to walk closer to God. 


Link to Audio: https://soundcloud.com/womenofvalour15/sounds-from-monday-evening

Galatians 6:2 -3 Share each other's burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. If you think you are too important too help someone, you are only fooling yourself.  You are NOT that important.   

Jesus taught us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves this includes our enemies. (Matthew 5:43 - 44) 

I know you have gone to uplift someone and they were the ones that uplifted you. In the midst of their storm they became a life giver to you. This is because they understood the fact that they are not an island. The flip of this is true also where the person you go to uplift seems to drain the life out of you. We have to choose to apart of the community instead of an island. Thank you for sharing your time with me in reading and listening to my blog.  

Prayer: Holy Spirit, change me into a community instead of an island. Make Galatians 6:2 -3 real in my life.

QUESTION:
Are you an island or a part of a community?
How is it working out for you?  

I pray something you read or heard touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or email me privately
Womenofvalour15@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment