Tuesday, June 28, 2016

SELF TALK SERIES: YOUR WORDS

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

Hello Women of Valour,

I am tired of the enemy taking and distorting things in our lives that God has given us through the death, burial and resurrection POWER of Jesus Christ!!! It is time out for us just rolling over and saying all we can do is pray about it.

PRAYER IS EVERYTHING WE CAN DO!!!

Another crucial part is speaking to yourself. How do you view yourself? How do you view others around you? How do you view the world at large? What do you tell yourself about you? The words that you speak to you are more important than anyone else's words. 

I can say:
  • You are beautiful.
  • You are God's masterpiece.
  • You are a child of God.
  • You are a wonderful singer, writer, dancer, etc.
  • You are an amazing mother or wife.
But if you are telling you lies like:
  • I am ugly.
  • I am worthless.
  • I am a spawn of hell.
  • I cannot sing, write, or dance, etc.
  • I am the worst mother or wife ever.

Your words have over powered my words to you. Since you are saying these negative words to yourself then this is your truth. It is a lie and everybody else KNOWS it but you do not. Your words are absolute truth to you. So the words are seeds that we speak to ourselves and those words are being watered and they are growing bigger and bigger. The plants are producing dead things in our lives but we continue to take care of the plants and trees of negativity. How you may ask? By consistently watering and fertilizing them with negative self talk.

Your words have the POWER to keep you stuck or propel you forward. Your words tell who you REALLY and truly believe you are at your core. This is called Self Talk. It is a very important lesson to learn.

The Word of God actually speaks to this. The Holy Spirit hit me with a thought "Power of death and life." When I looked up the verse I also read above it and verse 21 is a part of is as well. Your life has more life or death depending on your words. Your words can kill or they can bring life. It is up to you. As I stated, my positive words have no power if you do not believe them about yourself. God's Words has no real power if you do not believe it about you.

Proverbs 18: 20 - 21 (NKJV)
20 A man's stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth;
From the produce of his lips he shall be filled.
21 Death and life are in the POWER of the tongue,
and those who love it will eats its fruit.

Message Version
20 Words satisfy the mind as much as fruit does the stomach:
good talk is as gratifying as as a good harvest.
21 Words kill, words give life;
they're either poison or fruit - you choose.


Our words will produce death or life. When you say I am ugly it is true and when you say I am God's Masterpiece it is also true. It just depends on what you believe. We have to change our words to change our world. I have heard that somewhere I believe. It is the TRUTH!!!

Again, I ask what does your self talk sound like: Life or death? Start listening on purpose to the words that are coming out of your mouth. They have a tremendous amount of POWER.

MY SELF-TALK:
I am a child of God. I am a Woman of Valour. I am beautiful. I am loved and loving. I am a writer. I am an encourager. I am the optimistic one. I love helping other people. I have come to realize over the past couple of weeks that these are gifts from God." I am not saying look at me. I am saying look at God. HE has been orchestrating my life from the beginning. God has and is orchestrating yours as well.

CHALLENGE: I challenge you, Woman of Valour, to look in the mirror on purpose and say: 

I am God's Masterpiece according to Ephesians 2:10. ----(repeat 10 times daily)
(Please let me know it you are taking the challenge and how it is working out for you. I want to celebrate each one of you more!!!)

The enemy wants us to avoid the mirror of God's Word which will only show us TRUTH. But he loves for us to look in the physical mirror and see what we see or what he shows us. Start speaking LIFE to you, Woman of Valour!!! I pray over each blog post before I publish it. I am praying over these posts specifically.

PRAYER: Daddy, open Your daughters eyes to see themselves as you see them and created them. Let your Word come alive to and within them like never before. Show them that they are Your Masterpiece!!! Open their ears to hear Your voice whisper to them. Bring people across their paths to tell that You created each one of them as Your Masterpiece. Holy Spirit, heal the broken, painful, and dark places inside Your women. I touch and agree with you Holy Spirit for the testimony that they will share concerning the new eyesight you have given them. In Jesus' Name, Amen!!!

QUESTIONS:
What words do you say to you? 


Are they words that kill or words that give life?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment