Wednesday, July 6, 2016

SELF TALK SERIES: COMPARISON

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1


COMPARISON is a word that we as women know VERY well. We have been doing it since preschool. Some of us even before that. From babies, we are raised to believe that we can do anything. We can roll over. We can crawl. We can walk. We can talk. These are ALL positives and growth milestones.

As we grow up, we are taught that some things are great about us and some things not so much. You may have grown up thinking EVERY THING is wrong with you. As a woman, this mentality may not have changed for you. I grew up believing the exact same lies for soooo many many years. I am here to share that there is HOPE for you too. I had to make choice that I wanted something different. It took listening to positive people, reading books about who I actually was and am, prayer when I felt at my lowest points, and Jesus was and still is the ANSWER to every problem we face.

What do we compare?
  • hair textures 
  • body types
  • eye color
  • shoe style 
  • dwelling
  • clothing
  • cell phones
  • children
  • our speech 
  • the way we walk, etc

Why do you compare yourself to other women? I want you to ponder that question.

******************
My answer is in the video.

Link to Video: https://youtu.be/nFfcWPqjfvo

There are soooo many ways in which we compare ourselves today. We can look at TV, social media, magazines, etc. But at the end of the day: Do you like who you are? Are you satisfied with who God created you to be? Do you believe you are God's masterpiece? Do you believe you are actually loved by God? Well, here is some positive and true self talk.

I AM GOD'S MASTERPIECE!!!
(Ephesians 2:10)

I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE!!!
(Psalm 139:13)

I AM LOVED BY GOD!!!
(Jeremiah 31:3)

It is my prayer that you choose to believe these words about you and walk them out in your life. You can choose who you want to be. We can dress the outside up and present a picture to the world. But your inside is messed up mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I know because I played the comparison game for many many years. It is time to break the vicious cycle. It is a choice only you can make. This kind of self talk should be spoke every day that God wakes us up. We should not just speak these words but believe them about ourselves. We are the ONLY ones who can choose.

I LOVE YOU, LADIES!!! 
BUT GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE!!!

******************
PRAYER: Daddy, open my eyes to see myself as you see me and created me. Let your Word come alive to and within me like never before. Show me that I am Your Masterpiece!!! Open my ears to hear Your voice as You whisper to me. Bring people across my path to tell them You created each one of them as Your Masterpiece. Holy Spirit, heal the broken, painful, and dark places inside my life. I touch and agree with you, Holy Spirit, for the testimony that I can share concerning the new eyesight You have given me. In Jesus' Name, Amen!!!

QUESTIONS:

Do you want to walk in the actual confidence and freedom of who you really are?

Do you just want to look the part? 

Both are possible.
It is yet again a choice. Which one will you choose? 

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment