Monday, June 20, 2016

MIRRORS

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

Hello Women of Valour,

How many of us really like looking in the mirror? What about when you are getting dressed for a special event? What about on your wedding day? What about when you were 8 months pregnant? What about on the days you are cleaning house? What about when you just rolled out of bed? What about when you feel ugly? What about when you go on a date with someone who could potentially become the one? The answers are many depending on the scenario that led you to the mirror.

Did you know that we have 4 mirrors? Three mirrors can display both truth and lies. But the last mirror will ALWAYS and ONLY display TRUTH. The first mirror is the way you see yourself in the physical mirror on your wall, in your hand, or purse. The second mirror is the mirror of how others view you. The third mirror is how you view others. The forth mirror is GOD'S Words to and about you. All of these mirrors have the same purpose "to display". But the last mirror also has the purpose of making changes within us. This can only occur as we allow it to change us. The mirrors display what we see and what others see concerning us.

The definition of mirror according to Freedictionary.com:
  1. a surface capable of reflecting sufficient undiffused light to form an image of an object placed in front of it.
  2. Something that faithfully reflects or gives a true picture of something else.
  3. Something worthy of imitation 
James 1:23
If we listen to the Word and do not obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. (NLT)
Another version says being a hearer of the Word and not a doer. (KJV)

Proverbs 1: 22, 29 - 31 mirror for me. (It is harsh but it was my testimony) I was truly focusing on the wrong mirror and trying to figure out and fix everything about myself. By the way, it did NOT work.

TESTIMONY: When I focused on the correct mirror I fell in love with a man that rescued me from the prisons that held me bound. HE showed me who I truly was. It was not the person I believed I was or others had told me I was. HE showed me that I am the Woman of Valour HE created me to be. I love me. I am comfortable in my own skin. I like looking in the mirror at my reflection. It it ONLY because I see Christ in my in the mirror. This has taken many, many years of counseling sessions at the throne of God and in HIS Word to change my eyesight. It took me believing that HE actually did and does love me. God had to change my thought processes and eyesight. HE has to do the exact same thing for each one of us. Only HE can do it. You can exercise and change your physical body but if your eyesight is not corrected...no amount of weight loss or eating right will help your self image or esteem.

Let's look at the 4 mirrors:

1) The way you see yourself:
  • What do you see when you look into the mirror?
  • Do you see a beautiful woman looking back at you?
  • Do you see an ugly woman looking back at you?
This mirror is a reflection of light or darkness which originates in your own heart and mind. In order to change the picture you must change your heart and mind. 

For example, you look in the mirror and all you see is negatives about you. All you hear are negatives concerning you. You cannot accept compliments because you are trying to figure out their angle. Why did they say what they said? What did they mean by that? 

2) The way others see you:
  • What do others see when they look at you?
  • What do they say when they look at you?
  • Do they actually see you or the mask that you show them?
This mirror shows a reflection of what is in their hearts and minds concerning you. It also reflects the person you show them or the mask that you allow them see you wearing at a given point in time.

For example, you try to keep everyone around you 'fixed' by trying to please everyone. It called a people pleaser. We cannot please everyone. We were not designed for this purpose. You want everyone to have a good opinion of you but it is impossible. Especially, when you cannot lend the money or give of your time. You have just blown it with that person(s).

3) The way you see others:
  • What do you see when you look at another person?
  • What do you think when you look at another person?
  • What do you hear when you talk to another person?
This mirror shows a reflection of our judgments for or against another person based upon our background, life experiences, situations and circumstances. The filter is still our minds and hearts. 

For example, you can judge someone based upon being married/unmarried, children/childless, rich/poor, sexually active/virgin, straight/homosexual. These are labels that we use to judge in building up or tearing down. When we see others we must look at them from a perspective of love not just judgement.

4) God's Word to and about you:

This mirror will always tell you the TRUTH. The truth is what will set you FREE in your heart and mind. It will take you taking the Word of God like a daily prescription pill to break some of the curses and strongholds that the enemy has you bound up with. 

You may be asking what is the point of this post? The point is that God wants you to be set free in your heart and mind where you are concerned. I believe God's heart is crying out like an earthly father whose child is locked up in prison for months or years. HE has the answer to set him free BUT the child won't listen to him. Jesus is our answer. God through HIS Spirit is trying to set the captive free within each one of us. We have been set free but we do not believe it in ALL areas of our lives. God's heart is for us to walk in our FREEDOM not just talk about it but actually live it out in our everyday lives.

What mirror are you choosing to focus on today? Only you can choose. It is my prayer that the Holy Spirit will give you some colored contacts so you can see you and your world differently. Even as you go to sleep tonight and every night. Your eyesight will change to see you and others the way God sees you and others.

REMEMBER: The more you focus on a particular mirror. The more you will get those results whether positive or negative results. Only you can choose.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, I want to see myself the way You see me. Change my eyesight concerning me and others around me. In and through the process of opening my eyes to see also open my heart and mind to see the beauty You placed inside of me. Deliver me from the prisons within my own mind. Show me if and when I try to return to them again.  

 QUESTIONS:
Which mirror are you focusing on most? 


What is the result?
I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

3 comments:

  1. I want to be seem as GOD see ME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is how each of us desire to be seen. God does see us that way but many times we do NOT see ourselves that way. This is why the Word of God is sooooo important in our everyday lives. Thanks Mom for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this. You made a great point. God changed your eyesight. I think once that happens, ALL mirrors will reflect Christ.

    ReplyDelete