Friday, March 25, 2016

WHO IS JESUS TO ME?


Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

IT IS GOOD FRIDAY WOMEN OF VALOUR,

JESUS IS THE CHRIST!!! It does not matter what you believe about your background, lifestyle, attitude, past, present, or future. Jesus the Christ was beaten for you, hung on a cross, and died for each one of us. I am VERY thankful today that HE took my sins and punishment upon Himself. I could not have handled it on my best day. No one can handle it today, which is why HE was sent by HIS Father.

John 3:16-17King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (Biblegateway.com) 
(**Bold and Highlights added to verses by Andrea)
I have been playing this song over and over and over again this week. I have been singing the chorus to myself: You're a Good Good Father and I am loved by You. God, Our Father, loved each one of us soooooo much that HE sent HIS Son to take our punishment. My earthly Father has entered eternity but my Eternal Father is GOOD to me. HE loves me more than my finite mind will ever be able to understand. HE loves you the same way. Let the words of this song wash away any doubt or fear you may have to stop you from realizing and believing who Jesus really is to you.

Link to Video: https://youtu.be/-_m5ZWchiZo

At church on Sunday, we were asked the question: "Who is Jesus to Me?" (Mark 8: 29 - 31)  Pastor Mark had us take a moment to ponder the question. I have been continuously pondering this question this week. I am thankful that I know Jesus for myself. I do not know my Momma's Jesus, my Father's Jesus, my Grandma's Jesus. But MY JESUS is personal to me and I have an ongoing relationship with HIM. I came up with many answers to the question. I am going to share some of them with you.
JESUS THE CHRIST IS:

My Salvation - HE chose to save a wreck like me. I did not deserve it but HE chose me. It was HIS Blood that was shed and Body that was broken to give me life. I needed to be saved from my sin. I kept trying to do it myself and failed miserably every time.

My Voice - HE heard my silent scream. For sooooooo many years, I was screaming and needing help but no one heard me. I did not know that I actually had a voice. I did not believe I had anything worthwhile to say. So I was quiet with no real opinions about anything. I was told what to think and how to act.

My Love - HE loved me when I was unlovable. He showed me that HE loved me because of my sins and took them away from me on HIS Body. HE cared when I did not even care for myself. I allowed people to abuse me because I thought they would fulfill my desire for love. But it NEVER worked!

My Guide - HE is "the way" that I am supposed to follow. Even when I fall down, HE is there to pick me back up again and again and again to show me the right path. I have learned and still learning that my way will always lead me along the wrong path. But when I trust in HIM it ALWAYS works out for the best.

My Healer - He breathed into me the breath of life. HE healed me when I was sick. HE healed my broken heart. HE healed my invisible wounds that hurt me continuously inside. He healed the brokenness which I was trying to pretend was fixed. HE healed me inside so that the healing could show up on the outside.

My Freedom - HE showed me that I was in prisons in my own mind. Then HE showed me that the door was not locked. I could have walked out at anytime. HE then opened the door and walked me out through my prison block. We walked out of my prisons and through the open doors into the great BIG world that was foreign to me. A world FULL of FREEDOM.

My Comforter - HE was there with me when my Father entered into eternity. I thought I would be broken but HE showed me that HE would never leave me. He was with me when I had a miscarriage. He was with me as I walked through deliverance from a failed marriage.

My Protector - HE kept me safe during 9/11 by HIS Mighty Hand. HE kept me safe during fender benders. HE kept me safe when the man came into my house to take my innocence. HE has kept me safe in soooooo many ways that I cannot even count. I know there are ways that I do not know about as well.

My Refuge - HE has been and is my 'safe place' when my world seems to be breaking down around me. I can and do trust in Him because HE has brought and is bringing me a mighty long way. He is the ONE that I run to instead of my best girlfriend, family, husband, etc. HE understands me even when I may seem to be babbling about what I think is wrong.

MY EVERYTHING - this one sums it up quite nicely!!!

You may be able to identify with some, most, or all of my answers. As you have walked through this day and into Easter weekend, remember what Jesus has already done for you. We may be "waiting on" our miracle but we have to recognize and believe that the real miracle has already happened and continues to happen each time you share about Jesus Christ to another person. It also happens each day that HE decides to wake you up to see a brand new day. I love you Women of Valour but Jesus loves you more!!!

Prayer: Father God, thank you for the gift of salvation and forgiveness You have given to me through Jesus Christ. Thank You for showing me Your Love for me in a VERY REAL way on the cross.
  
 QUESTIONS:
Who is Jesus to you today?

Will you share your Gift with another person?

I pray something you read or heard touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment