Friday, March 18, 2016

INTERRUPTED

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1
Hello Women of Valour,

On Wednesday, I knew how my day would flow. I would go to work. I would go to 3D Bible Study which is apart of Adopt-A-Block Ministry (see my previous post). I was not teaching I was just going to be a support for our leader. Well, that is NOT what happened. Can you say INTERRUPTED? Have you ever had a plan for your day and it got interrupted by God? This is what happened to me.

So, I text my leader of Bible Study to see if she wanted me to continue teaching the Bible Study. Her response was I am good. My thought process: Okay then I am in my support role. No problem. Support is what I do, so I am good. We cannot have our phones at work and when I went to lunch at 2:00 pm. I have 8 texts. 4 of them are a convo from another support person for our Bible Study. She is sick and will not be there. Okay God you got this and her.

So I receive another text from the JKDZ leader (see my previous post). She asked if I am teaching the 3D Bible Study tonight; to which I respond no and what's up? I do not think anything else about it. So I finish my work day and head to my car. I check my phone again and have another message stating they want to break the kids up into smaller groups this evening to receive Christ if they desire. They want another adult but one that in tune with the Spirit. I responded, Oh, WOW!!!

As I am driving up to York City for Bible Study I receive another text. A sister who is fixing dinner for us texts me and asks if I can give her a ride to the store to pick up a couple of items for our dinner. I respond yes via hands free mode in my car. (Don't text and drive.) I make it to our Bible Study and go in and greet our leader and the leader for JKDZ. The leader from JKDZ tells me she wants me to help her husband with the older girls. My thought process: Okay not a problem. I am still in the mode of just supporting. I am basically just going to be in the room while he takes them through the process.

The sister comes to Bible Study and we leave and go to the store. We get a chance to catch up. We get back to the house. I am helping her make dinner which entails cutting up the tomatoes and the lettuce for the taco salad. She is cooking the ground beef and we are chatting. She was sharing how much she has changed. She really has and I told her that is called "growth". I was sharing how I have changed and she said it back to me "growth".

Everything is finally ready and after serving everybody else. The sister and I get a chance to eat. The fellowship is AMAZING as always.

Then I go upstairs with the kids. They are just beginning a cartoon and muppet video clip. It is about Jesus and what HE did for each one of us. He took ALL of our sin upon HIMSELF on the cross and was separated from HIS Father.

After the video, we split into two groups. I stayed with the older group and the leader's husband. He asked me to share my testimony with them of me getting saved. I shared how if felt ugly, unloved, and how I had to get saved over and over again because of the bad things I had done. Then finally understanding that God loves me period. I accepted Him and HE changed my life.

He then asked the children exploratory questions like:
  • What does it mean to be saved?
  • What does it mean to be born again?
  • Have you accepted or received Jesus into your heart?
All but 3 kids raised their hands. So he asked those 3 individually and 2 said yes they have. One said she prays to God does that count. So, he said not necessarily. Would you like to accept Jesus into your heart? She says yes. Then he says Andrea is going to lead you. Can you say INTERRUPTED? I just said okay and then a friend coming to hold her hand turned into all of the kids except 1 in a circle with me leading this your girl to Christ and back to her Father and mine. 

I also explained to her that the enemy which is the devil is mad right now. He is mad because you are not on his team anymore. Just like God uses your teachers in Bible Study to reach you. The devil uses people too. I asked her what was one thing that gets on her nerves. She said people getting smart. I told her that there is going to be someone that is going to get smart with you and instead of you popping them with your fist you can now say, "Help me Holy Spirit." She said I always say: "Help me God." I said that's good keep saying it.

My life was INTERRUPTED and now God is showing me that I should embrace the changes and interruptions. The ones from God and even the ones the devil throws at me. Both of them allow me to grow and become more and more of who God wants me to be. This apply to all of us Women of Valour.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, Let me see the interruptions in my life as opportunities. Change my eyesight to see them as setups and not setbacks.
  
 QUESTIONS:
Have you experienced an interruption in your life?

How did you handle it?

I pray something you read or heard touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment