Monday, February 22, 2016

WORDS AND A PICTURE: WHAT IMPACT WILL YOU LEAVE?

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1


What plans have you made for this day, week, month, year? I have made plans for my life as it pertains to my life and death. My death will have an immediate impact on my husband and family. I have insurance policies to help out financially. My husband and I have talked about where we want to be buried. We have life plans for our dates, vacations and we have death plans. At the end of the day, my entire life will be summed up in a couple of paragraphs of words on a page and a picture with my birth date and my death date. My remains will be sitting in the front of the church but I will NOT be there. There will be tears but what memory of me will stick out for my husband, family, friends, co-workers, associates, etc. This is the same outcome for each one of us. It may sound morbid but it is the truth. What impact do we want to have on this world?

I just thought about my cousin, Carolyn. She impacted me when I first met her as well as my last memory of her. I dedicated a blog to her and many people posted pictures and videos of her. Many people shared their thoughts of her and how she will be missed. I think about Denise Matthews aka Vanity who also entered eternity this month. She was a famous person who gave her life to the Lord, just like my cousin. But they are no different from any of us. Both lives are a matter of words on a page and a picture with a birth date and a death date. The physical bodies had the same ending.

What impact did these two women have on our world? Carolyn's life impacted many people and her young grandson who spoke on behalf of the family. She will forever be remembered by him, his children and grandchildren. He will make sure her memory stays alive. Just because she spent quality time with him and treated him well. She impacted me and her life has now touched many people in other nations based upon the page views of my "Gone to Soon But Not Forgotten" post. Carolyn has worldwide recognition. Denise Matthews has worldwide recognition because of her fame as Vanity. As I looked at her FB page I saw the many condolences. She had prayed with people which impacted them. She had also preached messages that impacted people all over this country.

What mattered for them and matters for each one of us is:
  1. Have we received Jesus Christ as our personal Savior?
  2. How do we live our lives?
  3. How do we treat other people?
  4. How do we impact other people's lives?

I am reminded today that "life is indeed short". Time waits for no one. Once this 24 hour time period is spent there will never be another like it. I have been thinking a lot about my life and taking inventory. It is my desire to be ALL that God created me to be. I hope that is your desire as well. I cannot put off things for tomorrow any more. This verse is sticking with me more and more:

James 4: 14-15
14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.

15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” 

I am writing because this is the gift God gave me. It is my desire and action to bring GOD GLORY and show you HIS LOVE, GRACE, MERCY, PEACE, FREEDOM, and FORGIVENESS. I share what I am going through because since HE has and still is setting me FREE. HE can set you free as well. How do you want to be remembered? My cousin's phrase was: "Life is Short". Denise Matthews' phrase was: "You got one shot." It is my prayer that something you read will lead you to accept and walk closer to Jesus Christ today.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, I need a Savior, Jesus Christ. I openly confess that I am a sinner and need a Savior. I am asking You to forgive me of all my sins and come into my heart. As I am confessing with my mouth and believing in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Lord who came to this earth, died, and was resurrected on the third day. I choose today to receive you into my heart according to Romans 10: 9 - 10. I choose to trust you with my life. 

NOTE: If you prayed the prayer to accept or rededicate your life to the Lord Jesus please share it with someone. Be EXCITED about your eternal decision. Do not keep it a secret. God loves you and I do too!

QUESTIONS:
What impact will your life have on this world?

Do you know where you will spend eternity ? 

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

1 comment:

  1. I have dedicated my life to Christ, because tomorrow might be to late.

    ReplyDelete