Saturday, February 13, 2016

DESIGNER ORIGINAL: CLASSY and SASSY LADY - Carolyn Williams-Robinson


Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

My cousin had a very powerful home going service today. She is truly gone now. Actually, she left on Thursday, February 4th. I believe many of us are still in a state of shock. Please keep our family in your prayers for comfort and peace. Today was for us to say goodbye, remember, and share with each other who she was to us. Now the hard part begins when the people will fade back into "normalcy" and we are left with more questions than answers.

Her grandson spoke words on behalf of the family. He said his grandmother always said "life is too short. He did not understand her words meant until now." He shared how his Nana would always spend time with them. He shared alot about the times they spent together daily. From his speech, she was a pillar in his young life. He brought me and many others to tears. Just looking at this young boy remember and speak with a great deal of love and respect for her and the values she instilled in him. Her legacy lives on within the young and the old and everyone in between whose lives she touched. 

The Pastor's message title was:
 Designer Original: Classy and Sassy Lady
I Corinthians 12

He opened with a question: "How many of you planned to be here 2 weeks ago?" He then followed with, "Carolyn brought us here today." The church was packed. He said, "In his 21 years of being a pastor at that church, this is the biggest funeral they have ever had." He spoke about: 
  • Her being a Designer Original continuously.
  • God blessed her and each one of us with a gift(s). She used hers to serve others. 
  • She made one of a kind shawls for people. They were unique and special just like her.
  • Life is too short to major in the minors.
  • God made Carolyn special.
  • She never met a stranger. She was the sister/best friend everyone wanted.
  • Carolyn had to trust God and each one of us do too.
  • God used Carolyn for the purpose HE created her and then took her back home. 
  • The only reason you don't get to heaven is because you don't want to go to heaven.
  • Each one of us is to use our gifts to serve others.
  • Her style and ability to get a bargain.
  • The gospel which is Jesus coming to earth and being crucified for each one of us then being raised from the dead 3 days later and ascending to heaven. 
All of the things he said are actually true of each one of us. He definitely made these points and in a short time frame. I have to personalize things when I hear them. So I am sitting there and I am listening to the words and taking notes on my phone. 

Tonight, I started looking at my notes and was blessed all over again. I started to think about my gift. What is my gift? My gift is words. I use them in spoken and written forms to encourage others. I can find a unique perspective or a silver lining in just about anything. This has just developed over the last couple of years. "Doom and gloom me" would ALWAYS see the negative and throw a pity party. 

As I thought about Carolyn today and how she used her gift to serve others. I decided to stop procrastinating and finish the book God gave me to write called, "Silent Scream". I have been afraid of criticism or not being good enough. But with the Holy Spirit's help, "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) I just have to be obedient and use the gift more. My cousin was obedient to the pictures that God showed her. So many was blessed and still are being blessed by her gift.

I am special to my Father just like Carolyn. I had to trust Him just like her. My purpose is not finished so that is why I am still here. But at the same time I understand that time is short. So, I have to work while I can. In this case, it means write and speak while I can. My cousin is truly gone but not forgotten. 

What are you waiting for to walk in your gift? What is your gift? Let my cousin propel you into your destiny. I am allowing her to propel me into all that God has for me. She LIVED her life to the fullest! I am going to live mine to the fullest as well. LIFE IS SHORT!!! Will you join me?

Prayer: Holy Spirit, help us discover and walk in our gifts before it is too late. Help us understand that we are special. Since You gave us the gifts we can walk them out today. 

QUESTIONS:
What is your gift?

What is keeping you from using it now? 

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment