Tuesday, February 9, 2016

GONE TOO SOON BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Carolyn Williams-Robinson

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

Hello Women of Valour,

This is another Trenches and Triumph post for me. It is also hard to write because there are many questions but few answers in the death of a "loved one" gone too soon. This post is dedicated to my cousin, Carolyn Williams-Robinson who entered eternity on Thursday, February 4th. Our entire family is grieving and hurting behind this tragic accident and loss. There is a hole where she should still be. My mind is whirling while my heart is heavy and happy all at the same time. I have watched FB as different family members and friends have posted pictures and videos of her with their words of grief and loss. As I thought about it, how could I memorialize her? Then it came to me, do it with words. So this is my way of sharing a life that is gone too soon but definitely NOT forgotten.

At first, questions flooded our minds: Why? How? When? Did she suffer? These are questions that are still outstanding for the family. I said, "My heart is heavy and happy all at the same time." It is happy because Carolyn and her husband rededicated their lives to the Lord and joined a church. She was announcing it in North Carolina during our family gathering for Christmas. She was EXCITED about their decision. So, this does bring a level of comfort to our family knowing that she is with the Lord. The main question became for eternity: 'Had she accepted Jesus Christ as her Savior?' The answer was YES.

This is my beautiful cuz and she is being missed with each day that passes.





Carolyn was my cousin by adoption. I was initially adopted into the family by my Godmother, her Aunt, about 12 years ago and now by marriage.
First time: I met her for the first time on her father's back porch in North Carolina. We hit it off initially by her telling me she was going to take my shirt because she liked it. I told her "whatever" she was not taking my shirt. She liked me because I did not back down.
Last time: I saw her at Christmas last year in North Carolina. She was sitting on the couch beside me showing me her Pandora bracelet. She specifically pointed out the Dallas Cowboys helmet charm on her bracelet because both of us shared a love for the Cowboys. I was actually sporting a Cowboys shirt. Then, she showed me the rest of the charms. I remember thinking her bracelet definitely reflected her. I also remember her telling me I should get one.
I remember hugging her at the end of the night and us telling each other we would see each other the next time. It definitely makes you want to hold those that are close even closer to you.

She was a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother, friend, cousin, niece, etc. She was the sort of person you either liked or disliked. She was very frank and to the point. She kept it "REAL".  She was the life of the party. She was always in a good mood when I saw her at cookouts and family functions. She was an entrepreneur. She was very creative. She was a very stylish dresser. She was funny. She loved to look like a million bucks but she was very thrifty with her money. She would wear alot of name brand clothing but she did not pay name brand prices. She loved to find a bargain and she did not mind going into negotiation over prices. She had a knack for getting it for the price she wanted. She loved Lime green and her favorite flower was the Cattle Lilly. She was a blessing in my life and the family. She was also a blessing to many others that I am just finding out about since she has passed. She definitely left a legacy.

I watched her plan her stepmother's funeral. She could have fallen apart but she held it together for her father's sake. She handled the details which is the hardest part when someone passes. I also watched her stand by her father's side as she watched him and helped nurse him back to health from a serious illness. She was good under pressure.  She made decisions and was seemingly able to keep it moving. She was very much on top of her game. She was a strong woman. I started to put "black" woman but she was just "strong" period.


Our family has more questions than answers about her death but there is not a question about her eternity. She is not one that "we" have to try and place in heaven at her funeral. She made her own decision while there was still time and life in her body. Each of us have to make this same choice while we have time. Choose to "plug in" or "plug back in" again to "THE ONE" who created you and loves you just like HE loved my Cuz! I believe she would want me to ask each of you: "Have you made the choice to accept Jesus as Your Savior?" If the answer is no. You can today by praying the following simple prayer.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, I need a Savior, Jesus Christ. I openly confess that I am a sinner and need a Savior. I am asking You to forgive me of all my sins and come into my heart. As I am confessing with my mouth and believing in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Lord who came to this earth, died, and was resurrected on the third day. I choose today to receive you into my heart according to Romans 10: 9 - 10. I choose to trust you with my life. 

NOTE: If you prayed the prayer to accept or rededicate your life to the Lord Jesus please share it with someone. Be EXCITED like my cuz was. Do not keep it a secret. God loves you and I do too!

QUESTIONS:
Have you truly trusted Jesus as your Savior?

Do you know where you will spend eternity ? 

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

1 comment: