Monday, May 23, 2016

FALLING IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

Hello Women of Valour,

What can I say I am in an AMAZING place right now. Have you ever had a season where things were going incredibly well for you? Some roadblocks may have tried to detour you but your mind was made up to keep your head held high. Well, this is where I am living right now. It was my birthday last weekend and my Husband REALLY celebrated my life. I could not have asked for anything more. When I thought the gifts and surprises were done, he still had something else planned for me. My birthday was a Saturday and Sunday event.

He made a dream come true that I never voiced to anyone but God. I had always wanted someone to tell me to pack an overnight bag and be taken to a surprise location. I had actually forgotten about the dream. But on Friday morning, my husband told me to pack an overnight bag and the clothing choices I would need.  I was overjoyed to say the least. This was only one of the surprises he had for me. As I pondered on my weekend and smiled from ear to ear with each surprise. I found myself seeing him in a different light. I saw him with new eyes and adoration. I could not explain it really but my eyes had changed. 

I did not know what happened but it was explained to me by the Women's Bible Study Group: Dinner, Devotion, and Dessert (3D) that I attend. I was retelling the surprises of my birthday and one of the ladies said "You are falling in love with your husband all over again." Then another lady confirmed it for me. When I heard the words it made perfect sense. I was already totally in love with my husband. This was a deeper and more intimate level. It is MARVELOUS!!! 

I thought about how my Husband surprised me this past weekend. Then I started thanking My Father for placing such an AMAZING man in my life. In the midst of my praise, I started to think about ALL of the surprises God has given me. As I thought about them I was grinning from ear to ear yet again. God surprises me each and everyday. HE loves me more than words can say. When I think our relationship cannot get any better; it always does. It is growing and getting deeper and more intimate. HE has been waking me up each morning with a song in my heart and on my lips. I know that I know that I am HIS and HE is mine. I have an AMAZING relationship with my Husband, Carlton. I KNOW that it is only because of Christ in our lives. HE lives in both of us.

BACKGROUND: God knows each one of us intimately. HE knew I had to be broken from being the "The Man" in the relationships I had gotten myself hung up in. I was strong but did not realize it. I chose weak men or they chose me. Whichever way you looked at it I was in charge of the relationships. I took care of everything. I was the provider and way maker. I was unfamiliar with the concept of being taken care of. God showed me that HE had my front and back and I could trust my husband to handle our business. My husband was different. HE took care of me. I had never met a man who was soooo on point with his life. I remember the courting stage of our relationship when he asked me a critical question: "You are used to being the man in the relationship, aren't you? I said, "Yes, please break me of this habit." I am happy and thankful to report that between my two Husbands: God and Carlton that I have been broken from that habit.

You may be thinking that is cool for you but I have not fallen in love for the first time or second time. Well, I am writing to share with you that there is a PERSON who is and has been waiting for you to allow HIM to love on and take care of you. This is one of the verses God used to speak to my heart. I used to think I had done too much for God to really love me. You may be thinking the same thing but it is a lie. If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior there really is no more disgrace for you. Your Creator and mine will be your Husband.

Isaiah 54: 4 - 5
4 “Fear not; you will no longer live in shame. Don’t be afraid; there is no more disgrace for you. You will no longer remember the shame of your youth and the sorrows of widowhood. 
5 For your Creator will be your husband; the LORD of Heaven’s Armies is his name! He is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel (insert your name), the God of all the earth. 

You are loved unconditionally. Your past, present, or future sins did and does NOT stop God from loving you. This is another verse God used to penetrate the darkness in my heart and mind toward HIM. HIS Love is everlasting. It took meditating on these verses for me to accept the truth. HE truly had to rebuild me. I was broken in soooooo many areas. You may be able to identify. If so, HE wants to rebuild you as well. HE is pursuing you just like a man pursues a woman he is really interested in knowing. 
Jeremiah 31: 3 - 4
3 Long ago the LORD said to Israel: 
“I have loved you, (insert your name) my people, with an everlasting love. 
With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. 
4 I will rebuild you, (insert your name) my virgin Israel. 
You will again be happy and dance merrily with your tambourines.

There is nothing you have done or will do that will separate you from HIS Love for you. There may be places in your life where you have believed the lie that God could not possibly love you because of ____________________. It is a lie from the pit of hell. 

You may have to post these verses on a wall or mirror and speak them to yourself over and over again. But trust me if you do it and really get these two concepts God will turn your world right side up again. HE wants you to dance and sing praises to HIM. It is time out for just existing as you go through life but HE wants you to experience LIFE in a brand new way. It is called FREEDOM!!! 

We are back to surprises. These were just two of the surprises God used to open my eyes to see HIM for who HE is instead of who I had made HIM to be in my warped mindset. When I started writing this post a song instantly came to my mind. Listen to the words which are VERY simple but POWERFUL! God wants each of us to get or stay in this place.

Link to Video: https://youtu.be/bZUiY74B0lc

God has given you surprises as well. Have you ever been down and someone said the exact right thing to lift you up? Have you ever needed something desperately and it was provided? Have you ever felt lonely and a friend called you to talk or hang out? Have you ever read something posted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and it was EXACTLY what you needed? Well, all of these are God's surprises just for you. Our Father truly works in mysterious ways. HE is pursuing you because HE LOVES YOU!!! I cannot thank HIM for ALL that HE does for me. I am finding myself falling in love with my HUSBANDS: God and Carlton all over again. 

It is my prayer that something you read or heard touched your heart to establish a relationship with Jesus today. If you already have one, then to walk even closer with Him today.
************************
Woman of Valour, if you have NOT accepted Jesus as your personal Savior. Pray this simple and life changing prayer:
Prayer: Holy Spirit, I need a Savior, Jesus Christ. I openly confess that I am a sinner and need a Savior. I am asking You to forgive me of all my sins and come into my heart. As I am confessing with my mouth and believing in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Lord who came to this earth, died, and was resurrected on the third day. I choose today to receive you into my heart according to Romans 10: 9 - 10. I choose to trust you with my life. HOLY SPIRIT, open my eyes to see myself as the Miracle that is spoken about in God's Word and the words of this post. 

WHOO HOO!!! I am praising God with you and for you. The angels in heaven are partying right now as well.  

YOU ARE A MIRACLE
DON'T STAY A VICTIM
BECOME A VICTOR!!! 


Prayer: Holy Spirit, help me see My Creator as My Husband according to Isaiah 54:5. Help me see HIS LOVE for me as everlasting no matter what my past or present says. I want to see myself from Your perspective not my own. Open my eyes to see me. Open my ears to hear Your voice concerning me. Open my heart to understand what You are saying to me this day. I choose this day to believe in God's Words and Love for me.

QUESTIONS:
Did you know you could fall in love with Jesus?


 If yes, how did it happen for you? If no, why not? 

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment