Tuesday, July 26, 2016

SELF TALK SERIES: SELF INFLICTED

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

PROVERBS 18:21
The tongue can bring death or life;
 those who love to talk will reap its consequences.

This post is entitled "Self Inflicted" these are words I would hear on the news or a movie. He/She had a self inflicted gunshot wound whether it was accidental or intentional. He/She was causing self harm by cutting themselves. As I pondered this word another word came to mind self-sabotage. Have you ever really thought about the words, thoughts, and actions you are thinking, speaking,or acting upon? You may be causing the pain in your own life by your own words. Please keep reading. 

I do not know about you all but this Self Talk Series is blessing and beating me up all at the same time. The Holy Spirit is ministering to me to expose areas where my own words have hindered my forward progress in life and with God, My Father. I am understanding more and more that my own words and thoughts have held me and my future captive. You may be discovering the exact same thing. This may be confirmation for what God has already been saying to you. I am FREE in many areas now but there are still some areas where I am still held captive.

 Our words are speaking life or death to us each and every day. I understand it is a struggle and a process many times to speak life when it seems like death is surrounding us. Some times we must take it one step and one hour at a time then another step and hour which will lead us to one day then another day. Our key is to NEVER give up which means: DO NOT QUIT!!!

This concept of self inflicted and self sabotage is very hard to wrap my mind around. I would never harm myself intentionally. You may be saying the same thing. But, If I am honest with myself and you all this is EXACTLY what I was doing but not understanding it. But I had to actually think about it and look back over my life. I have told myself:

  • I can't do ___________________. 
  • I can't be ____________________.
  • I can't have ___________________.
I have said these words more times than I can count. Each time we think, believe, and say these words we are causing ourselves harm. The" I can't" takes away our peace, joy, freedom, etc. There is another side of the self-inflicted statements. They cause us to be stuck or paralyzed in a place of questions called 'What IF'?
  • What if I fail?
  • What if it doesn't turn out right?
  • What if I never get married?
  • What if I _________________?
These two sets of thought processes are detrimental to who we really are. These words are all wrapped up in fear and intimidation. If you can identify with either or both groups then you are in the right place at the right time. My sister, you have to begin where I did by speaking life to you. I had to come into agreement with the plan My Father had and has for me. HE wants the BEST for us. But we have to choose.

  • Are you sick and tired of carrying around the baggage/pain from your past childhood, divorce, rape, molestation, abortion, miscarriage, self hatred, unloved, inadequacy, torment, comparison, shame, bitterness, unforgiveness, etc.
  • Are you tired of watching everyone else succeed while you are left behind?
  • Are you tired of being just sick and tired?
 Then today is your day to meet the One who hung a cross for you and me. HIS Name is JESUS THE CHRIST!!! HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE. (John 14:6) HE is NOT a genie in a bottle but HE will come to you and move in. HE will bring with HIM:

  • Love
  • Joy
  • Peace
  • Hope
  • Freedom
  • Forgiveness
  • Healing and soooo much more
To Accept Jesus Christ into your heart Pray this Prayer:
Prayer: Holy Spirit, I need a Savior, Jesus Christ. I openly confess that I am a sinner and need a Savior. I am asking You to forgive me of all my sins, and self inflicted thoughts, words, and actions. I am asking You, Jesus, to come into my heart. As I am confessing with my mouth and believing in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Lord who came to this earth, died, and was resurrected on the third day. I choose today to receive you into my heart according to Romans 10: 9 - 10. I choose to trust you with the rest 0f my life. 

If you prayed this prayer and believed it about you. Welcome to the family!!! Tell someone about your decision to accept Jesus Christ.

Now let's do this exercise as a child of the King who has accepted you into HIS family.

Let's speak life (new programming) instead of death (old programming). If you prayed the prayer above the enemy, satan is telling you that nothing happened or changed but he is lying. If you read through the blogs will see this is how God allowed HIS Son to change me. You just became a born again believer. Choose to stop believing the lies about you and only believe the truth. Speak the truth. Act on the truth.
  • I am a child of God (Romans 8:15-16)
  • I am Loved by God. (John 3:16)
  • I am God's Masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10)
  • I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)
  • I can accomplish God's plan for my life (2 Timothy 1:7)


**** Here are many more FREEDOM RELEASING TRUTHS print them out and post on your mirror. Look in the mirror everyday and speak the truth to you about you. I guarantee it will work as long as you keep speaking. Your heart will change. Your thoughts will change. Your actions will change.  But you cannot do it by just speaking it. This transformation takes Jesus along with the Comforter who is the HOLY SPIRIT to change you. Just like HE did and doing me from the inside out. You will begin to see You as Christ sees you.

HOPE has a Name: 
JESUS THE CHRIST!!!


PRAYER: Holy Spirit, I thank You for helping me change my thoughts, speech, and actions toward God my Father, myself and others. Let me see myself the way God created me to be instead of the stained picture that I see. Heal the wounds, pains, and hurts that I have caused with my own words. Heal the ones that have been created by others. Lord, I want to know my purpose and walk it out. Show me how to pray. Show me how to read Your Words and let them come alive to and within me like never before. Show me that You have never left me nor forsaken me. That I am Your child today and You have a plan, purpose and destiny for me. I come into agreement with Holy Spirit for my new life in Christ. In Jesus' Name, Amen!!!

QUESTIONS:

What self inflicted words have you been thinking, believing, or speaking in your mind and out of your mouth?

Will you choose to speak and believe God's Words about you?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is incredible. I'm grateful that you allow God to use you as a conduit, to speak to us. Not very long ago, I allowed someone's words to make an "imprint " in me, and I can't shake it. It's really had an impact on my hopes, dreams, and desires. Don't know why those particular words stuck, but they did. I know they were not true, yet I've govern them enough power to make me doubt myself, daily. We should never allow another human to have such power over us. I am praying about it. Please pray with me. Thank you, WOV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cryss, the answer is in your own words: "I've GIVEN them enough POWER to make me doubt myself, daily." You have given them power but God has NOT. You have to start thinking, believing, and speaking what God says about you. Instead of continuously thinking, believing, and saying the negative words another person has spoken to you.

      You have come into agreement with our enemy. The agreement must be broken. Every time you repeat their words you are in agreement. You have to make the power of your words speak life over you. You have to come into agreement with Jesus the Christ who is ever interceding for you!!! Praying with you my Sister!!!

      Delete