Sunday, March 17, 2019

Guest Blogger: WHEN STRESS WON'T LEAVE YOU ALONE

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61: 1



Hello Women of Valour,

This blog was written by Michele Brown, one of our own Women of Valour. Please leave a comment!

---------------------------
What to DO when stress won't leave you alone?

Many days I have woken up stressed about situations, I have tried to fix them and couldn't. I felt like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders. I felt like nobody cared and nobody knew the pain and burden I was carrying. I felt like giving up and throwing in the towel.

BUT God! Can you relate? Keep Reading...

Something would always happen to shift the atmosphere, a song, a kind soul with an encouraging word just for me or God whispering in my ear! I could regroup and take it from there. Oh Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:28, Philippians 4:13 and I Corinthians 10:13. 

I could even hear my Momma praying and she has long departed this earth. 

I start getting EXCITED remembering:

  • God has a plan for me. (Jeremiah 29:11)
  • God's plan for us is always perfect and all things work together for the good of those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
  • I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
  • No temptation and no temptation has seized me except what is common to man, but God is faithful. He will not let me be tempted beyond what I can bear. But if I am tempted he will provide a way out that I can endure. (I Corinthians 10:13) 

This is when the praise party has begun. When I start hearing and speaking what the Word of God says about me. This is TRULY STRESS MANAGEMENT!!!

You may have read or heard these verses before BUT do you actually believe it for Y-O-U! Keep Reading...

Depression, guilt, and feeling inadequate has had to vacate my spirit. Because God has more than any situation or trial that I have or can possibly face. He is sovereign, all knowing and all powerful and I am an overcomer and victorious in every situation when I place it in the Master's hand. 

This is my experience but God wants the same for you as well.

If I am going to pray don't worry keep the faith and if I am going to worry about it don't pray because that defeats the purpose. I hope this encourages you to take the next step to your healing and growing in Christ. 

Have a Jesus Joy Day!
--------------------------
Prayer: Holy Spirit, help me to turn to THE SOURCE when I am stressed out by my circumstances and choices. Let me look to the Author and Finisher of My Faith. Let me have a praise party in the midst just as Michele did. In Jesus Name. Amen!

Questions:
Have you been stressed out and 
NOT knowing where to turn?


This would be ALL of us, how do you identify 
with what Michele shared?

Leave a comment or email

4 comments:

  1. Amen, Michele. Sometimes it takes a minute to turn to God for wisdom but as we grow, the minute gets shorter.
    Many blessings. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Yes, Tammyann sometimes it does take a minute.

      Delete
  2. Praise God. You've blessed many toot your transparency and words of encouragement. Keep sharing,and you'll come to know you're not alone! 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear sister for your comment. Our transparency blesses others.

      Delete