Sunday, March 10, 2019

Guest Blogger: SOURCE - GOD OUR FATHER

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61: 1
 http://walkwithjesusonline.com/god-is-your-source/


Hello Women of Valour,

This blog was written by Michele Brown, one of our own Women of Valour. Please leave a comment! 

--------------------------------
Do we really appreciate:
  •  each breathe we take
  •  each morning we rise 
  •  each night we lay our heads down 

Have we stopped to give thanks to the SOURCE-GOD our Father?


We thank the salesperson at the gas station (resource) but before approaching our purse/wallet we should have thanked the SOURCE. God our Father is the SOURCE who makes all the provisions for all that we need and have. 

Do we say thank you to our Father all the time? Probably not as often as we should. I’m going to speak for myself, I recognize that often I don’t do it enough. So after He wakes me up I decided to do my best to get it right. I praise and thank God so much for the little things now. 

Just recently a friend posted on social media that her 17 yr old son passed. I was devastated just imaging what her and her family were going thru. I paused and thanked God for the gifts he blessed me with in the 2 young men I’m raising as well as my beautiful free spirited grandchildren. 

It could have been the other way! This is the truth to YOU as well my friend reading this post. Keep reading...

About 2 months ago, God blessed me with a new car. In less than a week I was involved in an accident. After checking to make sure everyone was okay. I said a prayer with shaking hands to thank the Lord. The Source of my being and the author and finisher of my life. 

I thanked God for every resource he allowed me to have:
  • income
  • a loving family (even with the loss of my parents) 
  • a sibling and child 
  • shelter 
  • food to eat
  • wonderful church family
  • the ability to give him praise 
because after all I am in my right mind. Can you relate? Keep reading...

I cannot move paralyzed, but since I have the ability to bend my knees and raise my hands I must give Him praise. Always and be thankful and bless His name for the Lord is great and greatly to be praised. Every moment is precious to me and so is My Creator. 

I never want to take my God or His love for me for granted. So, I just wanted to share. With all the demands I place on myself as well as obligations placed on me by resources. 

My resources are:

  • employers
  • school
  • community organizations 
  • yes even the church.
What are your resources that are pulling on you?

I realized I must spend time thanking and praising the Source- God, My Father - God, My Creator and My Lord and Savior. He is Good! No, HE is GREAT and as I shared before Greatly to be praised. 

Have a Jesus Joy Day!  
--------------
Prayer: Holy Spirit, allow me to take the time out of each day to give praise to the Source - God My Father. Let me see as you have shown Michele that You are the Source who provides ALL of my resources. In Jesus Name. Amen!

Questions:
As you read Michele's words, do you now have a praise or thankful heart toward OUR SOURCE?


If yes, how do you identify with what Michele shared?

Leave a comment or email


No comments:

Post a Comment