Saturday, September 24, 2016

SELF TALK SERIES: IN WHOM DO YOU TRUST

Welcome to Women of Valour which is about
YOU
experiencing your freedom in Christ, being set free,
experiencing the love of God, and opening your blinded eyes
Isaiah 61:1

How many times have you thought or spoken these words: 
I trust you, Lord!!!

It is easy to say because it just rolls off the tongue. Especially, when we are in church type settings. It is the 'go to' statement when we are going through something.
I am going through _______________, But I trust You, Lord to work it out. 
But then when we get in our alone time with just us and the mask comes off. Then worry, questions, and doubt quickly move in. Finally, we try and figure it out. We turn to friends, family, and maybe even enemies.
But 'WE TRUST GOD!' Right?


Prayerfully, you will find "you" somewhere in my testimony. Maybe God will reveal or has revealed where "you" were through this testimony. Wherever "you" find yourself PRAISE God because this is GOOD NEWS!!! Please keep reading. You are in the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time.

TESTIMONY: The Holy Spirit has been digging up some things within me that I did not know were there. The main one is a lack of trust of and in the Lord. I said with my mouth I was trusting in God to make the Air Force Reserves a reality for me. But I REALLY was not in my heart of hearts. (Read blog post: With God ALL things are Possible.) I am learning to trust God in more areas of my life. Trust me when I say it is a battle within me. I have trusted in my ways longer than I have in My Daddy's ways. The Holy Spirit is teaching me that just because I say the words: 'I trust You, Lord' doesn't mean that I actually do. This is a hard pill to swallow because I thought I was doing okay in the trust arena. In some areas, I was and am but there are other areas not so much.

The Holy Spirit has and is showing me that my lack of trust still does not hinder or stop the hand of God. I was wavering from trust to doubt each week. Sometimes it was a daily struggle. The Air Force Reserves has given me a new arena in which to trust God. I have to trust HIM even more for my safety and protection. I do not know what the future holds. But I do KNOW the One who holds the future in HIS hands. These are words that I am still wrapping my mind and heart around. But I do KNOW 2 things:

  1. My Daddy's, God's, WORDS to me are truth and life.
  2. My Daddy, God, has the best plan for my life. (Even when I can't see it.)

The Holy Spirit led me to God's Word.
I Corinthians 1:30
God has united you (Andrea) with Christ Jesus. 
For our (Andrea) benefit. 
God made HIM (Christ) to be wisdom itself. 
Christ made us (Andrea) right with God;
HE made us (Andrea) pure and holy, and 
HE freed us (Andrea) from sin.

I have read this verse numerous times over the years but this time the Holy Spirit taught me about my identity.
  • God has untied me with Christ. (Identity and Oneness)
    • I am one with Christ. (Ephesians 2:19)
    • My identity is in Christ.
  • God made HIM (Christ) to be wisdom itself. (Wise)
    • I have wisdom because I have Christ in me. (Colossians 2:3)
    • I am wise because of Christ.
  • Christ made me right with God. (Righteousness)
    •  I am righteous because of Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
    • I can come boldly into the throne of God.
  • Christ made me pure and holy. (Holiness)
    • I am holy because of Christ. (I Thessaloninas 4:3 - 7)
    • My holiness is NOT dependent upon me but who Christ has made me to be.
  • Christ made me free from sin. (Freedom)
    • I have been set free from the prison and power of sin. (Mark 10:45)
    • I am free and choose to walk in my freedom in Christ.
I wrote in my notes: 
GOD IS MY SOURCE!!!

Women of Valour, ALL of these applies to you as well. This is who you are in Christ. Our Father does NOT have favorites. Your past is just that Your past. You cannot change it and neither can I. BUT we can CHOOSE TODAY to believe, receive, and speak what God's Word says about each one of us. 

I don't know about you but I am tired of being on this roller coaster of living and walking in defeat in some areas. I AM FED UP!!! IF You are too then pray this prayer with me.

TRANSFORMATION PRAYER: Father God, I come into Your Presence in the Name and by the Blood of Jesus the Christ. I am tired of living beneath where you have created and destined me to be. I am tired of NOT seeing your abundant life manifested in and through me. I am fed up with me. One day I am up and the next one down. Holy Spirit, I give you permission to ROCK MY WORLD and TRANSFORM me from the inside out. Give me or renew within me a passion for the WORD of God and the Presence of God. You are the ONLY One who can change me and help me walk in obedience to where You will lead and guide me. I want to participate in the changes You are making in my life. I surrender my will for Yours today. Have Your way, Lord! In Jesus' Holy and Mighty Name!!! AMEN!!!

If you prayed that prayer. Hold on WOV, 
God is going to continue to move in your lives
in ways you cannot yet comprehend. 

I love you, WOV!!! But God loves you more than your mind can comprehend. As you walk through this day and ALL others take these words with you. Many times, we cannot remember the message but song lyrics will bring the words back to our minds. GOD WILL make a way. No matter what the circumstances are. This is a song that has and is ministering to me in this season. I pray it does the same for each one of you.

Link to Video: https://youtu.be/q9DgVOONzIk 

PRAYER: Father, I thank you in advance for showing us that we can TRUST IN YOU!!! Open our eyes to see us the way You see us, open our ears to hear Your voice, and open our hearts to comprehend You clearly. Holy Spirit, lead and guide us to follow and walk in obedience to where You lead us. In Jesus' Mighty and Holy Name!!! Amen!!

QUESTIONS:

In whom do you trust?

Why?

I pray something you read touched your heart to walk closer to God. 
Please share a comment or Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment